Poll: DC contributurs meeting / beers / get together - Reading - 28th October

It's in Reading, but when are you available (select all that apply)

• Friday, October 20th

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Saturday, October 21st

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Friday, October 27th

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Saturday, October 28th

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
richard smith said:
I might be up for it... put me down as a maybe. it depends on work.

I'd prefer london or somewhere easy to get to from Colchester as I'm lazy.

No under 18's if you ask me as this has been mentioned several times.

Peace! :)

How about Colchester. ;)

Man of Honour
rich99million said:
I think the chances of setting a venue that everyone will be happy to get to will be extremely remote, best to just get somewhere decided and a date and then see who's up for it :)
Just waiting for HT to do the honours. Just hope it's not one of the weekends I'll be away. :)

Soldato
I might well be able to do Reading (depending on when it is obviously). Reading would be far easier for me than anywhere else mentioned (oxford --> reading on train = easy).

:)

Soldato
OP
right , I'm back (I don't do internet at the weekend, real life gets in the way).

Reading seems like a popular choice.... or do we need a vote, I wasn't really anticipating such a big responce with poepl willing to travel long disatnces :eek:

if I'm going to set a dat / choice of dates, what do people prefer weekdays, fridays or saturdays?

Mr Beserker, a poll for the locations sounds like a good plan to me :D

Paul

Man of Honour
OK - I can do that, but if we then want a poll for dates as well, that could be a problem (would need to find a friendly admin to remove the old poll first).

However, I think you should just go ahead and pick a time and place, otherwise we'll be at this forever - you can't please everyone - meets have failed trying to do that. If you pick Reading, there's nowt to stop anyone organising another in Colchester, or London, either now or in the future.

Soldato
OP
right then, decision time....

I'll choose Reading as it's the easiest mainline station for me to get to and I'm a selfish bar steward like that

the options we have (well I have ;) )

Friday the 6th Oct
Saturday the 7th

Friday the 13th Oct
Saturday the 14th

and so on

any preferences?

I still can't get over the fact that people are willing to travel the length of the country to meet some strangers from an internet forum who all happen to run DC projects for the bestest team iin the world

Paul

Back
Top Bottom