Dead Rising 3 - leaked on Steam DB

Soldato
OP
Love the 64 bit OS only & 6GB Ram Min hopefully it will be optimised a little to use that. The XB1 version used the MS Azure Cloud to stream the game world in I guess this will use something similar like Titanfall used the same MS Azure cloud infrastructure.

Soldato
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 2GB or ATI Radeon 7970 2GB
Wtf?! Suddenly my 6970 doesn't look like it'll cut it. This thing is looking like an unoptimised mess to me.

Disagree with this, this is a new 2014 title. The 7970 / 670 are now midrange cards, can be picked up cheap second hand or bought brand new in re-brand form 280X etc.. Which are still cheap for the performance these cards give.

I would be more concerned if they said this game could run best setting on an HD 6970.. Do we not want to see any progress?

It could be way worse, people would lose their minds if they recommended a GTX 780Ti or R9 290X..

A current midrange card being recommend for the best gaming experience is a good thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Disagree with this, this is a new 2014 title. The 7970 / 670 are now midrange cards, can be picked up cheap second hand or bought brand new in re-brand form 280X etc.. Which are still cheap for the performance these cards give.

I would be more concerned if they said this game could run best setting on an HD 6970.. Do we not want to see any progress?

It could be way worse, people would lose their minds if they recommended a GTX 780Ti or R9 290X..

A current midrange card being recommend for the best gaming experience is a good thing.

The trouble is with this new trend of system requirements, the games don't look any better. Like they are spec bloated for no real reason.

Caporegime
The trouble is with this new trend of system requirements, the games don't look any better. Like they are spec bloated for no real reason.

This.
Bearing in mind the Xbox one is like a 7770!

And a 7970 isn't mid range. If we'd had a die shrink, then maybe, but we haven't, so performance hasn't moved on much more than what a 1150MHZ 7970 can achieve (In terms on stock performance of the current GPU's)

Last edited:
Soldato

I know what you're saying and I'm all for progress and change but not in this way. My GPU is dated but far from dead too.

The thing is, just look at the rest of the requirements. DR is hardly the best looking game on the planet, it will have superb cut scenes and very average visuals going on the previous titles. IMO someone at Capcom messed up with the required specs unless we really are getting a very badly performing port.

This is basically the new king of Steam with regards to hardware requirements and it'll be just a basic port at best...until Witcher 3 arrives.

Soldato
I don't believe those system requirements. But if it doesn't run well on my PC then it will be another unoptimized mess.

Minimum specs:
670/7870

Recommended specs:
670/7970

I don't understand why people are complaining? If you don't have the hardware to run new 2014 games, then it's time to upgrade or drop the graphics down? As said about a 670/7970 can be had cheaply and are now classed as mid-range cards, they're not high end any more, so why would you expect max settings from less than them?

Soldato
It's locked at 30fps so it'd doubtful you'll need a 670/7950 to run it, very doubtful. More like a 5850 or a 470 or below, the kinda cards that can run modern stuff at 30fps anyway.

Locked to 30fps tho wtf?

Back
Top Bottom