Deadwood movie is happening

Soldato
This has me more excited than any other movie/TV news this year, appears as though we are finally going to get a Deadwood movie.

I just pray they get the original cast.

People always throw out shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos as the best shows ever made, Deadwood gets missed out but should also be up there in anyone's top 5 shows.

I know there is already a Deadwood thread but news of this magnitude needs it's own thread ;)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/40721/-deadwood-movie-is-definitely-happening

Soldato
Oh.....my....God!
I didn't even know this was a rumour let alone happening. Deadwood is the single greatest TV Show that's ever graced my screen and this has just made me a very happy man!

Soldato
This is good and bad. No Ian McShane would be odd though.

My GF has just got me into Deadwood. Just about half way through the second season. Really enjoying it and I thought I was 'up' on TV shows. But this obviously slipped through my net when it was first on.

Soldato
if they get the same cast, i'll be over the moon. they were promised a 3-film wrap up then it never happened, why it's coming around now i have no idea, but let's hope it's worth it and not a worthless cash-in attempt.

Caporegime
Amazing news. Deadwood is not simply a TV show, it is televised theatre, and felt at times like an intimate play. Mcshanes monologues were outstanding, and the cast was so strong that every episode carried itself. Wu developed into a loveable character despite saying almost nothing, and this chemistry with Al was magical.

Easily in the Top 5 shows ever made.

Back
Top Bottom