Death Note

Soldato

A new film coming to Netflix on August 25th, based on the Japanese manga.

Not read it personally, but I've heard its supposed to be pretty good. I'll probably give this a watch when it comes out.

Last edited:
Associate
Cool, the anime is superb, the live action films are surprisingly good (given most live action versions of anime normally suck). I just hope they do the source material justice.

L is going to be the pivotal casting, I wasn't keen on the portrayal of L in the Japanese live action films, just didn't quite capture the L of the anime right IMO.

They will certainly portray the Shinugami better, they were rather impressive in the Japanese live action, but look a little dated now that CGI has evolved quite a lot.

Soldato
OP
The Anime is amazing, right up until that left turn....you all know what I am talking about,.

I just finished watching the anime. Really enjoyed it.

Not sure what left turn you mean? The death of L? I was sorry to see him get bumped off, but Near was a pretty good replacement character.

Associate
The new trailer doesn't inspire me with confidence, and i enjoyed the anime however many years ago it was, and this film doesn't capture the same battle between the Kira and L.

Will watch it though.

Man of Honour
I just finished watching the anime after randomly finding it on Netflix. Wow - what a show. The whole 'anime' thing was such a turn off at first but, actually, it's easily one of the smartest shows I've seen. Some of the dialogue in the first 15 or so episodes really had me gripped. Well worth watching.

That said it does dive in quality somewhat after an extreme left turn. Mega spoiler below.
... the death of L.

Just watched that trailer and OMG. No. Just no. It looks so dumb :(

Soldato
Enjoyed the manga many years ago, and the premise of the book is an interesting one. I'll check it out when it comes along I think, Netflix don't normally produce junk. Obviously some exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom