Deathloop - from the people behind Dishonored and Prey

Soldato
I'm still confused on what happens in this game. Can someone give it me in Layman's terms?

There's 8 guys you need to learn to kill, let's say I kill them. What happens after?

Man of Honour
OP
I'm still confused on what happens in this game. Can someone give it me in Layman's terms?

There's 8 guys you need to learn to kill, let's say I kill them. What happens after?

As I understand it, you have to kill them all within the same timeloop, so its not like you start the game up, run and kill 8 people and thats it.

Permabanned

You have a set amount of time to kill all 8 targets but its not possible so you live/die/repeat a bunch while exploring and learning about the targets to help you manipulate some onto the timelines of others to kill more than one at once.

Soldato
Just for the sake of some balance, one scathing review; https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/09/deathloop-review-a-dishonorable-bethesda-discharge/

I’ll give it a week but Arkham’s previous games have been pretty good so think I’ll give it a go.

Goes to show we all experience games differently I guess

I don't usually read too many reviews but I have done for this and ultimately decided I'll hold off for a bit. Scores are high but the content of the reviews tell me this one's not essentially for me at the mo

Associate
From the few hours I've seen of this it looks really cool, but my god the AI seems to be completely brain-dead. I might pick it up further down the line.

Man of Honour
OP
So its essentially Hitman except perhaps a challenge that's been extended into a full game?

Not really no. Its more puzzle oriented than Hitman and has more of a Dishonored vibe crossed with the DLC mode of Prey than Hitman. The only similarity it has with Hitman really is that you kill people.

Man of Honour
OP
IGN, consistently providing the best reviews money can buy.

Yeah its IGN I know but there are enough other stellar reviews for it and the 2 hours I watched of it being streamed yesterday are enough to make me think its a very good game. Not a 10/10 because no game in the history of gaming is a 10/10 but an 8 or 9

Back
Top Bottom