Deathloop - from the people behind Dishonored and Prey

Caporegime
Witcher 3 is a solid 7 game, let's not get silly :p

Also got my CD Keys code, redeemed and downloading but won't be able to play until later as on crappy sales calls.

Soldato
Denuvo :(

I recall the RE:Village YouTube video that proved this POS impacts performance, pretty badly as well.

The problem is, the devs from my understanding don't get to thoroughly test it as its shipped with retail versions of the game.

It still shocks me how many companies go with the terrible drm software, it just leaves a big stain on what could have been a great game.

I've been looking forward to this and I'm hoping to get some time on it later, but I'm worried about the performance issues.

I've got a 9900k running at 5ghz, Asus 3090 strix OC, 32gb ram and it will be running from a m.2... Will it be enough at 3840x1600? Guess I'll find out later, and I seriously hope it fully supports ultrawide

Man of Honour
OP
Well just did the first hour, performance is fine for me. Never dropped below 60fps and averaged around 80 on 1440. Didnt notice any stuttering or performance problems. Game looks great in places too btw, wouldnt be surprised to see people putting screenshots of some places in the screenshot thread

I haz 4090!
Don
I was really looking forward to this, but I refuse to buy any games with the latest Denuvo that affects performance. I'll wait until it's fixed/patched out and then buy it.

Caporegime
I was really looking forward to this, but I refuse to buy any games with the latest Denuvo that affects performance. I'll wait until it's fixed/patched out and then buy it.

I hope it doesn't affect performance.

That Resident Evil: Village débâcle was enough. People who pirated the game had better performance than people who paid for it.

Associate
About 80 to 100 fps here at 1440p with a 3060ti fe

Seems a very very good game, albeit frustrating when you die three times and then have to restart from the very beginning of the level.
Reminds me of valorant

Is it possible to get to the objectives without shooting at all ? As soon as I get near an enemy they alert the others and I get owned. I know you can use ctrl to move slowly but what if they're facing you ?

Man of Honour
OP
About 80 to 100 fps here at 1440p with a 3060ti fe

Seems a very very good game, albeit frustrating when you die three times and then have to restart from the very beginning of the level.
Reminds me of valorant

Is it possible to get to the objectives without shooting at all ? As soon as I get near an enemy they alert the others and I get owned. I know you can use ctrl to move slowly but what if they're facing you ?

Try throwing a bottle to distract them so that they turn their backs to you

Associate
Tossing up whether to get this or Encased when I get paid at the end of the week
Or maybe both

Not in my books, no game is a 10/10 in my books, that would have to be a flawless game, a perfect score and Witcher 3 has its flaws, as does every game.
If no game is flawless and a 10 requires a flawless game, then the 10 point scale is where the issue lies and you have to either use a different scale or shift the meaning of a 10

Man of Honour
OP
Tossing up whether to get this or Encased when I get paid at the end of the week
Or maybe both

If no game is flawless and a 10 requires a flawless game, then the 10 point scale is where the issue lies and you have to either use a different scale or shift the meaning of a 10

Yes its this, I've never been a fan of the 10 point scale as I dont think it really allows enough nuance between the digits, I've always preferred a 100 point scale because there can be quite a difference between an 83 and an 88. Of course even on a 100 point scale I could never give a 100/100 score as there will never be a perfect game but at least I could then give something a 98 or a 99 to indicate that something is near perfect yet also indicate that its better than just a 90.

Back
Top Bottom