Deep fried mars bar

Soldato
Ah the delights of a scrunchie as well (battered deep fried pizza).

Always remember a mates face when he asked for a steak pie and chips and the look of horror when the frozen pie was chucked into the deep fryer...

Least its no mystery as to why Scotland has such chronic cardiovascular issues

Deep fried pie! The Scottish really will deep fry anything that isn't tied down. :p

Soldato
Had one couple of years ago in Kelso along with a 7" deep fried margarita pizza. I didn't feel well at all for at least an hour after eating them, felt like I was going into a diabetic coma or something.

Soldato
OP
Good lord, I wish we had munchy boxes down here. They look scrummy.

This is the only munchy box I'd like. :D

munchies-chocolate-roll.jpg

Soldato
I've never had one, but when I was a kid in the early 70's my birthday treat would be a Chinese meal, which was pretty exotic back when Noddy Holder was a fashion guru and Chef's Square Shaped Soup was a meal fit for a king (albeit a very poverty-struck king). For my main meal I always had roast beef, straight out of a catering pack tin, with chips and gravy... I still miss that gravy 45 years later. And my pudding was always a banana fritter... basically a deep fried, battered banana, which was absolutely glorious.

I haven't had one since, but sugar -- whether natural or processed -- in a crispy coating is a thing of beauty. I daren't try anything similar now though. It's hard enough avoiding the 900,000 other types of processed health attack without adding to the list.

Back
Top Bottom