Degree regrets

Caporegime
I think it is better to keep your current job while searching. Unless you've got something else to do in the meantime that involves gaining some skills etc.. or you're confident of getting something else before your notice period runs out then quitting isn't necessarily a good idea.

Soldato
OP
I think it is better to keep your current job while searching. Unless you've got something else to do in the meantime that involves gaining some skills etc.. or you're confident of getting something else before your notice period runs out then quitting isn't necessarily a good idea.

I tried that but the problem is that when it came to putting me forward for an interview, they ask about my notice period, which is 3 months and they say that's too much straight away.

So the only option I have is to quit this job and do locum work until I get my foot in. Then I won't have a notice period, only what I've booked in which will usually be only 1 or 2 weeks in advance

Caporegime
Ah fair enough, if you're confident that you can land a job and the notice period is the issue then that make perfect sense, especially with the locum work as a back up :)

Soldato
A degree proves you are capable of applying yourself and working independently, if there is a career you know you want then you may be able to still go that way.

I can't imagine a pharmaceutical degree is that easy.

Caporegime
£22 an hour who the hell uses that as a gauge?

so £50K a year?

I would say you are a moron to be thinking of doing anything else. it's an easy job is it not? filling in scripts all day and chatting to assistants.

Man of Honour

so £50K a year?

I would say you are a moron to be thinking of doing anything else. it's an easy job is it not? filling in scripts all day and chatting to assistants.
I'd say you're a moron for missing all his explanations of why he doesn't like the job :confused: not everyone wants their brain to dribble from their ears doing something simple every day.

Caporegime

so £50K a year?

More like just under 40k, why would he be a moron to do something else? You'd have to have rather low expectations in life to think that spending the majority of the working day doing something you find incredibly dull is somehow a great position to be in just because you earn 40k doing it.

Soldato
OP

so £50K a year?

Sorry I forgot that you were a pharmacist, you clearly don't know what pharmacists do and the responsibilities that we have. I don't spend all day chatting to assistants and if anything I'm putting out fires and dealing with idiots

Back
Top Bottom