1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DELETED_5350

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DELETED_5350, 11 Jan 2011.

1. emetic

Gangster

Coast to Coast ? 192 miles. did it last year in 9 days allow more if you want to enjoy it and carry your own kit along the way.

2. The Dread Pirate

Capodecina

:rolleyes:Took you long enough to figure that out :p

3. Cosimo

Man of Honour

I was just trying to spare you the pain. :p

4. Messiah Khan

Capodecina

My and my GF are half way through doing it.... In stages, backwards. :p We are doing it in 15-20 mile stints over the last year or so, from the East coast to the West coast.

I am tempted to try walking from Lands End to John o' Groats. I recon I could do it, but it would take quite a while.

5. Andy90

Wise Guy

6. Amp34

Caporegime

Yep, GR10 or the GR11 which is supposed to be nicer. Really want to do it at some point but it takes around 10 weeks.

Tbh that is less of a challenge than what he did last year, there's a reason its so popular, because its an easy way of doing something like that.

South West coast path is another option. Takes about 10 weeks as well to do it fully but you can just do the best bits such as the Cornish section. The recommended day walks are designed for people hotelling it each night but its much nicer (and tougher) if you wild camp and walk. Cornwall has loads of beaches and deserted areasso you can do that pretty easily.

7. GJ02

Soldato

Amsterdam, blow your mind, then overnight train to scandanavia

8. Pate

PermaBanned

:(

9. Cosimo

Man of Honour

Pitch your tent on a boat. :p

10. Yakyb

Gangster

put map of Europe up on the wall then throw a dart at it and try to reach that exact point by public transport (planes not included) how you get back is optional

i have always wanted to do that.

just take the map with a hole in, your back pack and good pair of shoes spare set of clothing and some access to a small amount of funds