Dell 2007WFP and DVI-D to VGA adaptor

Associate
I was just wondering..

Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to plug a DVI-D to VGA adaptor into the DVI-D port on my 2007WFP?

I have a white DVI-D cable that came with the screen, it goes into the port with no problems at all. The adaptor on the other hand... the problem seems to be on the side where the longer horizontal pin is.. the pin itself is longer than the one on the connector on the cable, but the whole on the monitors connection looks long enough to take it - i just don't know why it won't go in!

Anyone shed any light? I can prob provide a picture if necessary?

Cheers anyone!

Mud

Mud

Soldato
You've no reason to plug a DVI-VGA adapter into your screen, converting VGA to DVI can only done by rather expensive little black boxes.

Soldato
Yeah, the DVI input needs a digital signal. You can't use that little adaptor to convert analogue output from your PC to a digital input. If you're using a VGA output on your PC, you have to connect it to the VGA input on the monitor.

Associate
OP
Ah, I didn't know that, although in fact I wanted to plug my x360 into the DVI and have my laptop plugged into the VGA so that I could stop switching cables and just change the input on the front of the screen, I guess it's not possible then! Nevermind.

Still don't know why it wouldn't at least fit in though!

Soldato
360 doesn't output a digital picture either sadly. Maybe someday they'll get round to making a HDMI or DVI lead for it. As said above, get a VGA switch.

Back
Top Bottom