1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell 2007WFP any good for games?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by bomber456, Sep 8, 2006.

1. fobose

Mobster

One thing I must say is OCUK was pretty dang good at delivering it (well not them personally obviously). I ordered it on a sunday night and received it by the tuesday! I am sure the place where it is £302 is not so good on delivering as quickly, but still it is cheaper :)

2. Tobes

Soldato

meh I'm in no rush. Plus you have to add the P&P for OcUK as well. It's free where I'm ordering it.

But seriously... citylink where good at delivering it to you? WOW lol

3. fobose

Mobster

Ah yeah I forgot about the P&P. Yeah I was quite suprised myself, I did infact book the tuesday and wednesday off work just incase! (I dont have a depot near me which is in driving distance after a long day at work :p)

4. Massive Attack

PermaBanned

ive just bought with the 25% off and got it for £250 inc delivery as i dont have to pay VAT, oh the savings :D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  5. Tobes

Soldato

lol. Nice one. Anyway I would edit your post and remove the competitor. Don't worry I know it's stupid but you will have to speak to a mod about it. That's if they reply to your emails. BTW mods yeh I am a little bit wizzed off and I will keep this attitude up.

Oh. Just ordered mine :D

6. Massive Attack

PermaBanned

i thought OCUK didnt class them as a competetor as they said they could never compete with them, fair enough though i will edit

7. Tobes

Soldato

yeh I know. But they deleted a thread I made about the fact that this company are selling the screen cheaper than what OcUK are selling it for. I couldnt care less if I get in trouble but I wouldn't want other members to :(

8. Massive Attack

PermaBanned

ok thanks for the info m8

9. Tobes

Soldato

OMG OMG OMG. This screen is lovely. Well chuffed I got this and not the 24". The high res is :eek: :)

Will post pics if anyone wants to see it.

10. fobose

Mobster

Go for it!

11. Tobes

Soldato

Here
    Here
    Here
    and Here

:D

Just got some problems with setting up stuff now. I don't really understand resolutions etc so my flurry screensaver doesnt work well and I don't really know what res to have in games.

Got a X800 XT PE. SHould I start a new thread?

12. fobose

Mobster

I use flurry screen saver and it looks fine. You need to be running 1680x1050 resolution. If the game doesn't support it or it runs slow, press the menu button on your monitor, then go across to "display settings" and under "wide mode" select "1:1" and it will put a black border on either sides of say 1280x1024 resolution.

Edit: I use a 6600gt for both my 2007WFP's and I struggle with new games lol DOH!. Oh and nice pics :)

13. Tobes

Soldato

God damn it. All the other cool screensavers work but fluffy goes all blocky :(
    Thats the best one

14. fobose

Mobster

EDIT: just realised you said fluffy, not flurry. Although you said flurry in previous post?

15. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

What's the quality like at lower resolutions in games? Is there a noticeable drop from 1680x1050 to say 1440x900? I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting the Dell or a 19" monitor. Thanks.

16. fobose

Mobster

Isn't 1440x900 a 16:9 resolution? (prob why its not listed in my options) 1680x1050 is 16:10. Also I am sure 1280x1024 looks fine, slightly stretched though ;)

17. Tobes

Soldato

Yeh I meant flurry. Got it working now though. I had to select the first option instead of the last in the settings :confused:

Haven't tried any games yet. Might as well try Gmod with the widescreen hack.

18. fobose

Mobster

Looks good over 2 screens!

[​IMG]

19. Tobes

Soldato

[​IMG]

Doesn't quite work with my 2 screens lol

20. fobose

Mobster

lol doh. Prob coz of the diff in res ;)