Dell 2209wa on its way and....

Soldato
Just got my brand new replacement. More stuck pixels in the the top left corner on a black screen. It was brand new and came next day. I now have 3 dell monitors in the house and have asked them to send another.

Anyone who thinks there monitor is free of bright pixels have a close look at the top left corner on a black screen and let me know what its like........this is the 3rd I've seen like this.

had around 4 bright stuck white pixels and probably 12-13 bright sub pixels, all in the top left exactly the same as the other 2.

Last edited:
Associate
Well it's arrived here at work, model seems correct. Just trying it out now.

No dead pixels, uniformity looks good, no bleed - just need to check for buzzing but this office is too noisy! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
so no stuck white pixels in the top left? on a black background with the lights off?

I really hope my next one is fine, dell want a few of their monitors back first :)

Associate
No dead pixels, buzzing is still evident though :( You'll need a quiet setup to hear it, low but audible, highly irritating.

Pity i have sent back a few monitors because of buzzing noises once the brightness is lowered.Anyway know why this happens?.I can hear any type of noise because i have a fanless PSU and a CPU fan spinning at 600rpm and an exhaust fan at 800rpm...

Associate
That has me a little worried in that case because as i say i rang yesterday and was told i'd have to wait up to 14 days for a new one, and then i got a call today saying it'd be delivered this afternoon, makes me think i'm getting a refurb one now.

Is there anyway to ascertain if it' a new or refurbed one?

The way it was described to me by Dell man, the refurb will come without stand or cables - you just swap out the actual screen unit - whereas brand new ones come all boxed up just like you'd bought it new.

And also I would think that the refurb would be obviously used e.g fingerprints, dust etc. Not what you want to replace your minty new monitor!

Soldato
The way it was described to me by Dell man, the refurb will come without stand or cables - you just swap out the actual screen unit - whereas brand new ones come all boxed up just like you'd bought it new.

And also I would think that the refurb would be obviously used e.g fingerprints, dust etc. Not what you want to replace your minty new monitor!

actually, the refurb one came with all the other bits, in the same style 2209wa box etc, but we just switched panels.

Soldato
Luckly i'm getting offered new ones due to that fact the orginal purchase by the etailer was within 30 days. Should get the next one soon.....which will be my 4th, If this one has stuck pixels then I guess I'll just have to live with it as the panel itself is fantasic.

Associate
Would you guys mind letting me know what the default Gain and Offset values are in the service menu? i changed mine but cant see a button to reset them. I want to put these back to normal without resetting everything else

You can get to the service menu by turning the screen on while holding menu and the brightness button. then pressing brightness button once its on to get the service menu.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would you guys mind letting me know what the default Gain and Offset values are in the service menu? i changed mine but cant see a button to reset them. I want to put these back to normal without resetting everything else

You can get to the service menu by turning the screen on while holding menu and the brightness button. then pressing brightness button once its on to get the service menu.

Mine are all packed up at the moment but if you don't get an answer by Wednesday then I'll post up (new one arrives then). sorry not a great help.

Associate
My RMA replacement arrived yesterday from Dell - boxed up brand new as they said, and it has taken under a week to get here.

The replacement, apart from not flickering like my first 2209WA, is noticably clearer at lower resolutions (I now realise the faulty one had blurry stripes running down the screen during POST, Windows startup etc.). The color tones are closer to those of my 2407 too, which is good because they sit side-by-side on my desk.

Like my first 2209WA, there are no problems with dead pixels or backlight bleed. I noticed a faint buzzing noise from the rear of the panel whilst setting it up, but this has now subsided after running-in for a while.

Lovely monitor, and I can wholeheartedly recommend Dell RMA service, it is fantastic. Although, if I'd had a totally DOA monitor I would have been without a screen for almost a week... which is manageable for me but some people might not find this acceptable.

Last edited:
Associate
So zero buzzing even at the 10/11 brightness level?
I'm in the process of sending back an Acer to amazon.Anything below 98 brightness and it gives of a high pitched buzzing noise!
Cheers

Soldato
Well my 4th is on its way but I doubt it will be much better. All the ones I've seen so far have stuck white/hot pixels and I doubt I just got really unlucky. All from different batches as well.

Soldato
It's a hugely common flaw, and I'd be willing to bet everyone has it even if they don't notice it.

Can't say i've noticed it but I'm sure its probably there, although not something that concerns me too much. I've still not got my replacement yet, should get that processed on monday. TBH i'm shocked at LG QC on the panels. still not seen one with less then 15 bright/stuck sub pixels yet, and i'm doubting that I ever will.

If this next one has stuck pixels I'm asking for an upgrade.

Associate
Hoping to send back my buzzing Dell SP2309W for this monitor.. though I hear this one buzzes also :mad: First week was buzz free, I hope its not just a matter of time before it kicks in.

Associate
Can't say i've noticed it but I'm sure its probably there, although not something that concerns me too much. I've still not got my replacement yet, should get that processed on monday. TBH i'm shocked at LG QC on the panels. still not seen one with less then 15 bright/stuck sub pixels yet, and i'm doubting that I ever will.

If this next one has stuck pixels I'm asking for an upgrade.

What software was you using to do a pixel check?

Back
Top Bottom