Dell 2209wa on its way and....

Soldato
What software was you using to do a pixel check?

None I just use the built in one. unplug the vga and hold brightness and source then cycle trough. Although they only show up on black so for that I just set the monitor to DVI without a dvi cable inserted. Half of the sub pixels go away with tapping.

Associate
I've got another question.

Does it take a while for the screen to warm up, when turned on the white seems grey. Then after a while it brightens up, is this normal?

Soldato
6th? where are you getting from so i can avoid it

All different batches, all different dates, different suppliers (bad QC on LG part seems to be a recurring theme RE this monitor). TBH I'm sure most just arent noticed hot sub pixels on a black background....I wish I could :p

Luckily Dell have been great and are quite happy to keep sending my new monitors now. Although I'm asking for an upgraded model if this one suffers from hot sub pixels.

Associate
I'm amazed it's gone that far to be honest Zensuji, after two units that made distinct buzzing noises i had a rant on the phone and they replaced mine with a 2408wfp which is going great at the moment, no buzzing, no bleed, vibrant and more inputs then i'll ever need.

Soldato
It was offered as an upgrade for an additional £120.

Wow nice......I guess I'll have to go this route, which TBH is a shame. I really like this monitor. Hopefully my next one will be fine. Should be here by monday and will be a "latest" built. However at the moment its down to LG QC as they make the panel. I can honestly say I hate LCD tech and seem to have the worst luck with it in return.

Associate
Anyone who thinks there monitor is free of bright pixels have a close look at the top left corner on a black screen and let me know what its like........this is the 3rd I've seen like this.

had around 4 bright stuck white pixels and probably 12-13 bright sub pixels, all in the top left exactly the same as the other 2.

I've had two with perfect pixels, and trust me I'm fussy so I've scrutinised the panels in every way possible! Have you checked your spectacles for dust specks in the top left corner? :p:D Joke!

Seriously, I really hope that the next one is a good one for you, the 2209WA is a good monitor.

Soldato
I've had two with perfect pixels, and trust me I'm fussy so I've scrutinised the panels in every way possible! Have you checked your spectacles for dust specks in the top left corner? :p:D Joke!

Seriously, I really hope that the next one is a good one for you, the 2209WA is a good monitor.

Cheer mate...I trust you :D its just hard to believe that there's 2209wa's out there with perfect panels when I 've seen what I've seen (oh the horror :D) Although I know most on here are as fussy and go looking for problems as much as me :)

The 2209wa is fantastic and I really hope the next one is fine....I'll find out on mon/tues

Soldato

Thanks for all the hoping guys. New one came through today! march/09 build date. No hot/stuck/dead pixels!!!

This whole thing has been a bit of a saga but credit to Dell they just kept sending monitors.

Was it worth it? Yes definitely this monitor is fantastic.

Associate
Thanks for all the hoping guys. New one came through today! march/09 build date. No hot/stuck/dead pixels!!!

This whole thing has been a bit of a saga but credit to Dell they just kept sending monitors.

Was it worth it? Yes definitely this monitor is fantastic.

Good news! I can't believe how unlucky you were with your replacements. Would you buy a Dell monitor again, after the experience? Personally I was very impressed with Dell warranty service and would definitely buy another Dell monitor.

Soldato
Good news! I can't believe how unlucky you were with your replacements. Would you buy a Dell monitor again, after the experience? Personally I was very impressed with Dell warranty service and would definitely buy another Dell monitor.

Well it turns out that one had a single stuck pixel in the middle of the screen as well.

weirdly enough dell sent me another 2209wa the other day so I thought I'd open it up and see what it was like next to my new one (back light uniformity). As I was comparing I noticed a stuck pixel in the centre of my screen. The one they sent by mistake though is perfect, however it does buzz but that doesnt bother me as it cant be heard over any of my input machines (pc/xbox) Its just the usual backlight invertor buzz as its fine on 100 brightness (using around 50 though). and also there's no way I'd get rid of one with perfect pixel after seeing 6 of the 7 I've seen with stuck pixels.

Would I buy from Dell again? definitely if anything this whole situation has made me realised how great they are. LG make the panels for the 2209wa and their QC clearly isnt great but I doubt this situation would have been dealt with as good as Dell have handled it.

Last edited:
Associate
getting 3 of these monitors to run surround gaming @5040by1050. but they need to be able to do 57hz does any1 know if they can manage it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom