Dell 2407 This week only Price!!! :O (DELL 2407WFP dropped in price!!!)

Associate
Don't rub it in!!!!

:p

I don't think I could stomach paying a £100 extra just because I got there late, however good it is....

Me thinks I'll wait till after christmas when the 27 inch models come out and this one will be reduced well below the £516 it was for this week only....

(You know its true Gibbo! ;))

Permabanned
ernysmuntz said:
I don't think I could stomach paying a £100 extra just because I got there late, however good it is....

Me thinks I'll wait till after christmas when the 27 inch models come out and this one will be reduced well below the £516 it was for this week only....

(You know its true Gibbo! ;))

I agree. I only got paid on Friday and would've brought it if it was still on offer but I cannot stretch another £100 extra, especially it being Christmas!

Soldato
The 2407WFP seems to be on TWO quite regularly though, especially when there's a sale at Dell, and I'm sure it'll be back on there again within a few months. There's always other avenues too, although they look to be drying up at the moment. I guess demand is very high in the run-up to Christmas and Dell can't keep up.

Associate
Got mine a few days back, im well happy! I did have the usual problem with the wonky stand but nothing a few seconds with a screwdriver couldnt fix!

Oh and i didnt get a power cable either :p

Associate
I got this monitor on the TWO deal and am well pleased with it :D however, being the perfectionist that I am, I have one 'stuck' pixel (white I think) on the extreme left hand side of the screen and really is very difficult to pick out unless you're sat about a foot or less away from the screen and the background happens to be completely black. Is this a common problem people have had with this monitor or am I just plain unlucky?

Couldn't see the point in returning it under the 7 day distance selling rule as it would mean spending about £30 to send it back to OCUK for the sake of 1 little pixel with no guarantee that the replacement would be any better (or worse knowing my luck!)

Any feedback appreciated :)

OcUK Staff
HI there

Right we've had more stock arrive ahead of schedule so due to this I am dropping our price back down. Its not as low as the mental price we did a week ago but its definetely a good price.

Available now for just £459.99 +VAT (£540.49 Inc. VAT)

Again ours all ship next working day so you can get them in time for delivery and you get 4yr warranty when purchasing from OcUK. :)

Associate
Gibbo, is there any deals possible on this monitor or is it sticking at £610 inc vat?

Just couldn't put my hands on the money untill now :(

switch

Associate
I have spent all day at work staring at this monitor I called OC and asked if there was any possibility of a reduced price, but unfortunately it was a no, I ended up finding it with a 3year onsite warrantee (1 less than OC.co.uk)for a good price.

I feel a little guilty as I like giving my money to OC but I have to remind myself this is a business. I currently have £350 left and within 2 weeks I will have raised a further £700 which I will then spend on a new Intel 680i E6600 setup, everything I buy for that will be from OC.

It does feel good to get this monitor for nearly £100 cheaper though, so next time this happens, I will will not ignore Gibbo again, I will spend the money and think about it later.

Lesson learnt!

Last edited:
Soldato
When I bought this monitor, I could have probably got it cheaper elsewhere. However when you're spending a lot of money on a single item like this, getting it from a reputable, well known supplier counts for an awful lot in my book.

Soldato
Switch said:
I didn't mention a competitor!! In fact I was very careful not too, please don't flame people just becuase your in a bad mood.

I didnt flame you nor diid i mention a competitor, never mind. Anyway as said the monitor is just random price seems to jump up and down.

Associate
Well, we'll just ignore that happened then.

As far as the monitor price, I just don't believe it, I called them on thursday and asked them if they were going to change the price, I called twice and emailed once and was told no they would not, 2 days later they lower the price and I would have bought it from them at that price, they lost a sale just because the guy on the phone wouldn't even check if there was a price reduction in the pipe work.

I spent what they have it up for including a sat delivery, I love the monitor but have much preferred to have bought it from oc. Shame really.

Man of Honour
Switch said:
I didn't mention a competitor!! In fact I was very careful not too, please don't flame people just becuase your in a bad mood.

Switch, think you've taken that the wrong way :) It was schnipps's post which was discussing competitor products/prices and so his was edited and replaced with the lovely mod yellow writing :) was no reference to your post dont worry :)

Back
Top Bottom