Dell S2409W 24" Widescreen True HD LCD Monitor - Black

Soldato
Well someone in this post ordered on the same date as me and is getting it delivered today. I think you will get them before Xmas as soon as I get an update I'll let you know.

Soldato
OP
I started this thread nearly 3 months ago and i must say buying this monitor was one of the best decisions i have made regarding computer equipment the picture quality is fantastic it is brilliant for gaming and watching films. Its got great connectivity in terms of its inputs! Looks brilliant and much more expensive than it actually is!! All for £200 (when i bought it) best buy this year for me.

Associate
Well someone in this post ordered on the same date as me and is getting it delivered today. I think you will get them before Xmas as soon as I get an update I'll let you know.

Hopely it'll arrive soon, mine came this morning, actually ordered 3rd Dec but late in the evening so effectively 4th Dec.

Great screen so far, can't fault it, going to give xbox a whirl on it in a bit :D

Don
I started this thread nearly 3 months ago and i must say buying this monitor was one of the best decisions i have made regarding computer equipment the picture quality is fantastic it is brilliant for gaming and watching films. Its got great connectivity in terms of its inputs! Looks brilliant and much more expensive than it actually is!! All for £200 (when i bought it) best buy this year for me.

thanks

this is what i'm getting for christmas/birthday, based on this thread :)

Soldato
Hopely it'll arrive soon, mine came this morning, actually ordered 3rd Dec but late in the evening so effectively 4th Dec.

Great screen so far, can't fault it, going to give xbox a whirl on it in a bit :D

I ordered at 10PM on the 3rd - still in production phase.

Bah I wish there was more granuality as to WTF was going on! Tried phoning them but it's all automated. Sigh.

M.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just an update. Had an e-mail back from Dell saying that due to the huge demand on this monitor that there is now a massive delay in manufacturing. They *should* be able to get it to us before the estimated date of 31/12/2008 but this may change.

M.

Soldato
Kinda glad I ordered from OcUK hearing about the delays, I tried ordering from Dell but they declined my card (must have been due to typo in name/address) so went for OcUK with the longer warranty & hopefully back in stock tomorrow as I need it delivered before Christmas. Just hope they've got enough to go round!

Soldato
No problem can anyone who has ordered after 3/12/08 post any updates as to if they've received there screen or gone past stage 3 on the tracking page?

Thanks,

M.

Soldato
Yeah the shortage is obviously hitting everyone so they are upping the price to componsate for them.

Edit: Just noticed that a lot of places are now listing them as sold out (OCUK has them as pre-order). So I guess it's not just the home users who are suffering.

M.

Soldato
Yeah the shortage is obviously hitting everyone so they are upping the price to componsate for them.

Edit: Just noticed that a lot of places are now listing them as sold out (OCUK has them as pre-order). So I guess it's not just the home users who are suffering.

M.

OcUK apparently have a delivery coming today (ETA of 10/12/08 yesterday) so with any luck they still have, might be a bit of a wait otherwise :(

Soldato
Other places have stock, and are cheaper, but for the money and the fact that you get a 4 year warranty instead of a 3 year, i think it is worth £212.

Mine will be here tomorrow.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom