Dell shows its new U2410 display

Associate
I think the U2410 only shows up as available when you search for its name directly on the ordinary Dell site right now. When you browse monitors it's not listed there yet. So I think part of the high pricing for consumers (but not for their Premier customers, who are being charged £459) is so they can clear the remaining 24" stock - why buy the old version if the new version is better and the same price or less?
No, the U2410 shows up on Dell UK's website now, and I think it has since Friday or so. Just browse shop-all.

I'm sure the monitor will come down at lot, and Dell will no doubt have offers all the time like usual. Pleased that I got mine (£450), and really liking the colours on it now that I've got more used to it. I'm still to play any games on it though.

Last edited:
Associate
4ms of the HP
Every input lag tests I've seen on the HP has been nowhere near 4ms. Where did you see that figure? According to TFT Central (and theirs matches others measurements) the average is 25ms. The only real way to lower input lag, other than a through mode like the U2410 game mode may provide, is to run the panel at a higher rate than 60Hz if it supports it. Is there a new revision/Firmware of the LP2475w which lowers input lag or something?

Associate
No, the U2410 shows up on Dell UK's website now, and I think it has since Friday or so. Just browse shop-all.
Ah. But most people buying a monitor are going to go via the monitors link, and it still wasn't listed there earlier today. Are you just an ordinary end user who asked Dell for a discount btw? Normally they give customers the brush off when they ask for lower prices, so I'm assuming you got the £450 price as a business/Premier Customer? Unless there's a very generous discount ordinary end users aren't going to get that sort of price unless a reseller like Overclockers can get a decent price out of them :)

I'm still to play any games on it though.
I don't suppose you've got a CRT handy to give us some input lag measurement in gaming mode? :) AFAIK those numbers aren't available anywhere yet, as it's likely the guy on Cnet Australia ran tests using the standard mode.

Associate
RE: 4ms HP

I've read this as well and been a bit skeptical. The review in question is here:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/monitors/2009/07/28/hp-lp2475w-24in-widescreen-tft-review/4

Thing is, i'm a little confused since they measured the input lag against a 30" dell??

Also apparently the HP has been revised to a H-IPS which improved the input lag dramatically. The tftcentral review might be based on an early version of the monitor. No idea to be honest.

Hopefully this Dell is the one. If its under £450 on oCUK i'll prob get input lag pending.

Associate
Thing is, i'm a little confused since they measured the input lag against a 30" dell??
I think the reviewer is the one who's a little confused if he thinks he can measure input lag against another LCD panel just because it has low input lag. Whilst the 3007 was a decent option for gamers its input lag is far from zero, and it might even have peaks above 1 frame of lag (16ms) if memory serves. Thus the 4ms figure could best be described as "useless" if that's his basis..

Also apparently the HP has been revised to a H-IPS which improved the input lag dramatically. The tftcentral review might be based on an early version of the monitor. No idea to be honest.
It seems to be as much about the monitors image processing circuitry as the panel itself when it comes to lag, so changing the panel itself might not make a huge difference. That's why it'll be interesting to see how the Dell will compare to the HP in this regard. What with the 12 bit LUT etc, you'd expect the Dell to potentially have a bit more lag than the HP in its standard mode, but the CNet review seems to show it actually a tiny bit lower than the HP. It'll be interesting to see how much (or little) difference game mode makes, and whether it avoids things like the ghosting issues the NEC gaming monitor had too..

Associate
RE: 4ms HP

I've read this as well and been a bit skeptical. The review in question is here:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/monitors/2009/07/28/hp-lp2475w-24in-widescreen-tft-review/4

Hopefully this Dell is the one. If its under £450 on oCUK i'll prob get input lag pending.
The review above gives the impression they used a Dell 3007WFP-HC for input lag testing, so i can't really say how accurate their results are. They really should be using a CRT for this, obviously...

Associate
A competitor has it at £399+ Vat, dell being funny with me and not dropping the price.
Not put link , as i assume its against the forum rules to put OCUK competitors links in, but it ends in buy it.

Associate
I got Dell down to £487 inc. vat/delivery. But at the last minute I decided to hang on for a review before splashing the cash.

Associate
it went like this :

Me : How much for the U2410?
Dell : List price.
Me : Hmmm...that's way too much..I think I'll get the HP one.
Dell : Blahhhhh Blahhhhh, we are better service..
Me : Hmmmm, service is not worth £200+
Dell : If you buy today how about £500
Me : No - I think I'll wait for a review.
Dell : If you buy today we can do £487 inc. del.

Associate
ok so thats two of you who have been quoted 487 now - so i guess that is their fall back price.. great now at least we know what numbers we are working to :) Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom