DELL Ultrasharp 1905FP VS Viewsonic VX912 19

Associate
Hi, looking for a new 19 inch monitor have shortlisted the DELL Ultrasharp 1905FP and the Viewsonic VX912 19, I mostly use my p.c for surfing the web watching DVD'S and playing the odd game, I have been quite impressed with the review's i have read on the Viewsonic which i can buy for £232.

I have a dell 17inch monitor at the moment which i have been really happy with, so would also consider buying another dell, quite a few post's on this forum say the 1905FP is really good for DVD playback, just looking for some advice.

Mark.

Last edited:
Soldato
Welcome to the Forums but as Crowe suggests you ought to read the FAQ after you've removed the link to the competitor.

Personally I would go with the Viewsonic, it's a good monitor and you will get much better customer service from Viewsonic than you will with Dell should anything go wrong.

Man of Honour
welcome to OcUK Marky67 :)

tbh i would say that for your use the Dell 1905FP would be a better choice. The Viewsonic VX912 is aimed very much at the gamers market and is based on a fast 8ms TN Film panel from AU Optronics. While being responsive for gaming, the panel does suffer from the draw backs of tN panels technology, namely poor viewing angles (especially vertically), noisy movie playback and only has a 6 bit colour depth.

Since you say you are using your screen more for DVD's and office, i think you might be better getting the Dell. This is based on a 20ms PVA panel from Samsung which offers much wider viewing angles, smoother movie playback, a true 8 bit colour depth (and improved black depth) and arguably some of the best static image quality in the market. It can certainly handle the occasional game, and unless you like to play a lot of FPS, i dont think you would experience any problems with the responsiveness of the panel. There is also the possibility that you could get the 8ms edition of the 1905FP, which many people seem to be getting from OcUK recently. This uses the same 8ms P-MVA panel as the Viewsonic VP191B (and pretty much the VP930) which offers all the pros of the 20ms panel, but also offers greatly improved responsiveness for gaming. This is arguably the best all round panel in the market right now and would be ideal for you (and most people really!). Whichever version you got though, i think you would benefit more from the VA panel technologies than you would the TN Film panel of the VX912 and other "gaming" models

Back
Top Bottom