Depeche Mode

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Hi, I've been listening to the album "the best of depeche mode" quite a bit recently, some of the tracks on there I really like.

Everything Counts and It's no good are two of my faves.

I was wondering what other bands are there out there with this kinda music and what other albums of depeche mode would people recommend.

Caporegime
Violator is Depeche's best album imo. As for other stuff, try:

The Cure
New Order
Covenant
Apoptygma Berzerk
VNV Nation
Front 242

That list gets more electronic as you go down, still good stuff to try out :)

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I live engineered Depeche Mode in their early days on 2 gigs.
I've also recorded one of their songs a few years ago - Personal Jesus

You mean you recorded cover of one of their songs, otherwise your name would be Pino Pischetola and you'd be busy "disturbing the peace" in your own Milan studio, rather than creating folklore from bedroom in Staffordshire. ;)

Man of Honour
You mean you recorded cover of one of their songs, otherwise your name would be Pino Pischetola and you'd be busy "disturbing the peace" in your own Milan studio, rather than creating folklore from bedroom in Staffordshire. ;)

Didn't realise it could have been read another way :)
Yeah, I recorded it in my living room.

Soldato
My cousin got me into DM about 10 years ago but over the past few years I've really got into them, there best of albums are two of the best albums I own. Some of there early stuff is great too. I'm however not overly fussed about Playing the Angel

Soldato
Didn't see the point creating a new thread, so this is just a little bump for such an amazing band.

Has anyone listened to the new album 'Spirit' yet? When the first single was released (Where's the Revolution) it didn't quite hit me. Now I've been listening to the album, it just fits in so well to everything else that's there.

So far I've fallen in love with the tracks Cover Me and Poison Heart. If you haven't yet listened to this, I recommend doing so!

Soldato

Haha! yet if you created a new DM thread, someone would likely link to this one :p

Get on YouTube watch the live concerts

Love DM

I've only ever been to a single concert in my life but it was for DM in Manchester :D it was such an amazing night. It was when they released Playing the Angel and we managed to get to the front. Too many people was pushing towards the front to let us enjoy it all way through.

Back
Top Bottom