*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
Quite proud of this one as the desk has been designed, cut, and assembled by myself (with help of course). We needed something big, but also something that can fold down to make room for an extended sofa bed for when we have visitors stay over.

The desk measures 1500mmx760mm using a oak kitchen worktop. Simply fold the side triangle support brackets in, and the front 620mm folds down. That leaves a shelf for most things to sit on and not be moved.

Downside of course is I will have to remove the monitor with current setup, but I will rectify this when I upgrade to a 42" OLED tv (when they release) which I will wall mount.

PC-desk.jpg

smZX86q

Quite proud of this one as the desk has been designed, cut, and assembled by myself (with help of course). We needed something big, but also something that can fold down to make room for an extended sofa bed for when we have visitors stay over.

The desk measures 1500mmx760mm using a oak kitchen worktop. Simply fold the side triangle support brackets in, and the front 620mm folds down. That leaves a shelf for most things to sit on and not be moved.

Downside of course is I will have to remove the monitor with current setup, but I will rectify this when I upgrade to a 42" OLED tv (when they release) which I will wall mount.

PC-desk.jpg

smZX86q

I Really like how you did this desk, tempted to try something similar!

Decided to go for the AW38, it does not disappoint. Hopefully it lasts.

XQ7cALL.jpg
XGIYjPy.jpg

Impressive looking monitor! Also 10 extra cool points for having a Salad Fingers coaster :D

Associate
I Really like how you did this desk, tempted to try something similar!

So having had the desk for a few days, I can confirm the concept is great. However, 2 issues have cropped up that I am going to have to fix.

1.) The worktop I am using as the desk was defective. The oak is splitting along the joins. Replacement required.

2.) I need stronger screws to hold the hinges connecting the desktop to the rear shelf. Some of the screw heads have sheared off. When I get the replacement worktop, I will shift where the hinges go and buy better screws.

So having had the desk for a few days, I can confirm the concept is great. However, 2 issues have cropped up that I am going to have to fix.

1.) The worktop I am using as the desk was defective. The oak is splitting along the joins. Replacement required.

2.) I need stronger screws to hold the hinges connecting the desktop to the rear shelf. Some of the screw heads have sheared off. When I get the replacement worktop, I will shift where the hinges go and buy better screws.

Did you buy the top in one piece and cut it? It must weigh a silly amount if its all Oak, i have a counter top from Ikea that looks identical and its stupid heavy!

Associate
Did you buy the top in one piece and cut it? It must weigh a silly amount if its all Oak, i have a counter top from Ikea that looks identical and its stupid heavy!

Yeah, it was a 3m long 27mm thick oak worktop, so very heavy. Cut it down the middle for the desktop, then cut the rear 14cm off the length of the spare piece to make the shelf.

Back
Top Bottom