*** Desk and Room Gallery***

V F

V F

Soldato
Thanks!

Bifrost and Asgard 2.

Did you get that from schiit.co.uk? I've been waiting for them to get stock since April and still it's not looking like anytime soon. All their stuff is out of stock. From Schiit USA it says shipping within 1 - 3 days but the import fees will be huge and the warranty is only with them. If something fails to send back then to receive, that's more import fees. Which wont be cheap.

I'd imagine I'd be over £300 - £400 for import fees for it. It was £180 from EU for £385.

$1298 for Bifrost 2 and Jotunheim plus $77.61 Fedex shipping.

Soldato
Did you get that from schiit.co.uk? I've been waiting for them to get stock since April and still it's not looking like anytime soon. All their stuff is out of stock. From Schiit USA it says shipping within 1 - 3 days but the import fees will be huge and the warranty is only with them. If something fails to send back then to receive, that's more import fees. Which wont be cheap.

I'd imagine I'd be over £300 - £400 for import fees for it. It was £180 from EU for £385.

$1298 for Bifrost 2 and Jotunheim plus $77.61 Fedex shipping.

Yeah, bought from Schitt UK, a few years back though.

I been meaning to get a setup for work but their stock is non-existent it seems. I suspect they're hit hard with the IC supply issues and maybe prioritising US.

V F

V F

Soldato
Hopefully by fall or so they may get it. I'm dying to purchase those as I've heard so many great things about the BiFrost 2 and Jotunheim.

"Stock Update

Due to the virus and fires around California we find ourselves in a position that none of us thought would ever happen. As a result we now are having major stock issue.
The supply chain in USA has been greatly compromised , the metal work and board factories have been closed or working at reduced capacity for quite a while and Schiit Audio despite their greatest efforts are not able to keep up with manufacturing."

Don
I stuck these pics in the 'show your desk' thread but probably better in here.

His and hers setup! We have recently had our 4th child so in order for them to all have bedrooms there was some improvisation with the space we have. We have a weird house, the loft is accessed via a 4ft 'door' from our bedroom. The loft is now my mancave/office (I WFH), not sure why we didn't do it sooner really, it's been boarded out for 30 years and all we used it for was a dumping ground. Still got to compromise with the wife so still used for storage on the shelfs, mainly stuff for the kids but it doesn't spoil the look.

Before pic:

XBaeUMI.jpg

Now:

nItfIBb.jpg

7cdUgXR.jpg

wJ8QNY7.jpg

LVkfudS.jpg

2PUhJJL.jpg

My DXRacer is absolutely knackered so need to replace that, probably go with the same Noble chair as the wife.

Associate
@Andybtsn very impressed with what you have done with that space, it looks so much bigger now all that stuff has been moved. you could maybe do a sliding curtain or something to hide the toys etc in those storage areas
the wood panelling gives it a cabin kind of look too, looks great!
it has a nice cosy look to it, i am wondering though on what the height is and do you have to crawl through that door to get in? :cry::cry: makes it seem more like a panic room :cry:

Don
@Andybtsn very impressed with what you have done with that space, it looks so much bigger now all that stuff has been moved. you could maybe do a sliding curtain or something to hide the toys etc in those storage areas
the wood panelling gives it a cabin kind of look too, looks great!
it has a nice cosy look to it, i am wondering though on what the height is and do you have to crawl through that door to get in? :cry::cry: makes it seem more like a panic room :cry:

That’s a good shout with hiding the games and kids toys. Might look into it!

It’s extremely cosy, fortunately it’s above our lounge which is the biggest room in the house and does remain quite cool so in this weather it can get really hot. There is no window although we could look into getting one installed.

The hatch/door I can get in by squatting, I’ve smashed my back a few times getting up too early, im 6”3 so it’s not ideal but I’ll take that for another room in the house!!

Soldato
I hope that strip light is a low wattage LED baton and not one of those electricity guzzling fluorescent things from the last century. Lighting is going to be on all the time in there with no windows so make sure you get the most cost effective and also think about colour temperature and placement that works best for you, especially when working.

Don
Interesting beanbags.

They are pretty comfy actually, can easily watch a 2.5 hour film on them.

I hope that strip light is a low wattage LED baton and not one of those electricity guzzling fluorescent things from the last century. Lighting is going to be on all the time in there with no windows so make sure you get the most cost effective and also think about colour temperature and placement that works best for you, especially when working.

I haven't checked to be honest, the idea was to rip that out and put spotlights in. I'm going to get a corner floor lamp though for the lighting, it's not a great ambience for gaming when it's on, I turn it off for watching TV.

V F

V F

Soldato
They are pretty comfy actually, can easily watch a 2.5 hour film on them.

Does the back part have any support for slouching, as in you wont fall back when watching a movie ending up facing the ceiling. Or a slow decline backwards. I love the feeling of sinking in without slowly creeping backwards. I miss beanbags. :cry:

Don
Does the back part have any support for slouching, as in you wont fall back when watching a movie ending up facing the ceiling. Or a slow decline backwards. I love the feeling of sinking in without slowly creeping backwards. I miss beanbags. :cry:

They are definitely well supported regardless of your starting position, the good thing is you can choose how to slouch and the beans will hold you to the end!

Associate
They are definitely well supported regardless of your starting position, the good thing is you can choose how to slouch and the beans will hold you to the end!
Where are they from Andy? I've got one similar with the foot rest but it definitely doesn't sit up like that! Wondering if I need more filling in the bag

Associate
I need help, suggestions, advice with how to config my desk for my requirements.

I currently find myself at a bit of a crossroads with my desk setup.

Current desk space
4BOLbg2.jpg

Bought the house and started creating my mancave pre-covid I never expected to find myself working from home, post COVID, I find myself working from home prob 30% of the time, so its changed my requirements for the room.

I have 2 work laptops (2 x different companies/networks that I need to switch between for teams meetings, network files access etc.)

I have a 2012 iMac which I want to retire and replace with a Mac studio

So the requirements for my desk space are
  • Mac Studio
  • Work Laptop 1
  • Work Laptop 2
  • PS4 Pro
My Wish list:
  • One central Workstation that I can switch between the above.
  • Single Mouse / Keyboard / Headset that can be switched between laptops, Mac, PS4
  • Plenty of Screen real estate - 2 x 32" monitors or more
What is confusing me is what I need to achieve the above, there seems to be a multitude of Hubs / switchers, etc..

HELP!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom