Desktop for Streaming/Gaming 720-1080p

Associate
Build Time :D

I have a budget of £1000 however i would like to keep it under. The PC is for my girlfriend which likes to play games such as Skyrim, ARK and other solo story games, also from my understanding she would like to start streaming soon (using OBS). The build should be able to run 1080p smoothly on most games then maybe stream at 720p.

Open to both AMD and Intel/Nvidia builds, Standard ATX Mobo, Mid tower case etc...

Soldato
£0.98 under budget :)

You could always replace the 1070 gfx card to something like the 1060/580 but if you have the budget the 1070 will be a solid 1080p gfx card for the next few years.

Associate
OP
Soldato
Very good build right there, Just did some research into the Ryzen 5 1600 and seems like a solid chip on low power. Would like to see an Intel build from someone to compare price to performance :)

I would say this as the blue comparison, not sure how the motherboard looks IRL:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,147.01 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Associate
OP
Always been a blue team kinda guy as they've always served me well, however after a little research i see that the price to performance is unmatched by the red team :eek:.
Cheers for the help bro, really put things into perspective :) "userbenchmark" and other sites helped too xD

Soldato
Is black Friday sales still on ?

Push the Ryzen 1700 if it is ! Gamers nexus did Ryzen 1700 Vs i7 7700k streaming using gtx 1080 and the 1700 was the better choice for less money

Intel would be i7 8700 non K to save some cash .

Soldato
Always been a blue team kinda guy as they've always served me well, however after a little research i see that the price to performance is unmatched by the red team :eek:.
Cheers for the help bro, really put things into perspective :) "userbenchmark" and other sites helped too xD

No problem. The above build uses current prices shown on the website so yes some sales are still on.

Apart from a blast with a dual core and Q6600 cpu all my PC's have been AMD which has been very frustrating so very happy to see how Ryzen is holding out.

Yes in some benches the Intels are better, add in an overclock on the Ryzen and the gap gets smaller, add in the £150 - £200 potential savings and Ryzen is getting to be a nice option.

As orbital says above if you can stretch the 1700 would be a great option with the 2 extra cores compared to the 1600.

The build posted should be able to run at 3.7 - 3.8ghz overclock using the stock AMD cooler and the Ram will run easily at the 3200mhz XMP profile. If you want a bit more bling I have the RGB Teamgroup Nighthawks at the same price. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...al-channel-kit-rgb-black-tf1d4-my-08m-tg.html

Soldato
Associate
OP
Is black Friday sales still on ?

Push the Ryzen 1700 if it is ! Gamers nexus did Ryzen 1700 Vs i7 7700k streaming using gtx 1080 and the 1700 was the better choice for less money

Intel would be i7 8700 non K to save some cash .
No problem. The above build uses current prices shown on the website so yes some sales are still on.

Apart from a blast with a dual core and Q6600 cpu all my PC's have been AMD which has been very frustrating so very happy to see how Ryzen is holding out.

Yes in some benches the Intels are better, add in an overclock on the Ryzen and the gap gets smaller, add in the £150 - £200 potential savings and Ryzen is getting to be a nice option.

As orbital says above if you can stretch the 1700 would be a great option with the 2 extra cores compared to the 1600.

The build posted should be able to run at 3.7 - 3.8ghz overclock using the stock AMD cooler and the Ram will run easily at the 3200mhz XMP profile. If you want a bit more bling I have the RGB Teamgroup Nighthawks at the same price.

I would be looking into pushing my budget if this was my own PC (coming at a later date) however its for my GF and its her first gaming PC.... So i doubt she will need that much performance at the moment anyway.
Thanks for the heads up though guys, may have to look into AMD for my own build next year :)

Soldato
I would be looking into pushing my budget if this was my own PC (coming at a later date) however its for my GF and its her first gaming PC.... So i doubt she will need that much performance at the moment anyway.
Thanks for the heads up though guys, may have to look into AMD for my own build next year :)

For her first one and if money is a bit tight this would be a solid 1080p rig, the 580 or 1060 card is as good as my 980 card and with my setup (pretty much below I get a solid 75fps with vsync on in BF1 with Ultra detail), it isn't the best time to be buying GPU's at the minute so could see her through to this time next year and see where prices are:

Total: £890.02 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Soldato

It's not so much the performance, it's more of the streaming side , more cores and threads, the less CPU power is taken away from the Game

Quite a bit of things to read into streaming, specially the stream frame rate quality etc. Most streaming is in 1080p but streamers still packing gtx 1080 to get that consistent framers for gaming and streaming . Nothing worse the. Watching a stuttering stream .
Worth a Google and a 1700 + 1070 system... Damn..

Associate
OP
For her first one and if money is a bit tight this would be a solid 1080p rig, the 580 or 1060 card is as good as my 980 card and with my setup (pretty much below I get a solid 75fps with vsync on in BF1 with Ultra detail), it isn't the best time to be buying GPU's at the minute so could see her through to this time next year and see where prices are:

Total: £890.02 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Are you sure she will be able to stream at 720p with a 1060 and Ryzen 1600?

Soldato
Are you sure she will be able to stream at 720p with a 1060 and Ryzen 1600?

A gfx card shouldn't really affect much with regards to streaming, I stand to be corrected but it is more CPU bound than GPU. Maybe check with the software support.

Back
Top Bottom