Desperately need a new chair but can't decide, pls help!

Associate
So I have had a GT omega racing chair for probably around 5 years now. It has done pretty well, I have always found it relatively comfortable. However it is now getting fairly tired with a number of issues so need something new.

For the past couple of months I have been on the search for a new chair but really can't make a decision. I have again narrowed it down to two chairs both very different as you will see:

- Noble chairs Icon
- Herman Miller Embody refurb

I have read nearly all the threads on here around the benefits of a proper ergonomic office chair, the embody looks amazing as well. The only bit I can't get past with the Embody is the fairly short back and the lack of headrest. I type this whilst slouched in my GT omega head resting on the head rest. (I know not good for my back but I relax at my PC as opposed to working at it) However I also have a cloth GT Omega and hate leather chairs but all the gaming style ones these days seems to be faux leather. It is really complicated!

Will I genuinely miss having the ability to slouch and rest my head and so get the Icon, or should I just do my back a favour and get an Embody?

Halp!

(I also have no way of sitting in either chair before buying which doesn't help)

Associate
Hi,
I have a DXRacer Drifting Series gamingreporter.com/dxracer-gaming-chairs-review/ and I think its great value for money though it's just 7 months old. What I learned with gaming chairs is that anything cheap is a knockoff. I have bought a Merax for less than $100 and just after 3 months, the wear was visible. I suggest you get a DXRacer, preferably a bigger model with headrest, lumbar cushion, 4D armrests.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom