Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
I purchased mine from Game personally i usually go through b.net but they made a **** up on my big order. So they gave me £30 in reward card credit so i got my self the limited edition when it was available with the Cayde 6 figure.

Now i have a spare code from purchasing my brother his 1080ti that i'll give my brother as a Xmas present :p
I purchase LE for PC from Game, been hearing that they messed up on the stock allocation for D2, so hopefully it turns up. Also intrigued to see if they give you a physical disk? I can't remember the last time I installed with a disc on PC... :p

Soldato
I have got a 4K tv hooked up to my 980Ti also but it doesn’t have GSync and Now tearing really bothers me lol.

If you're like me and you use a controller on the big screen the input delay with vsync isn't anywhere as bad as it can be with a mouse. I know that for D2 on PC it felt exactly the same as it did on D1.

Soldato
OP
LE from GAME for £79. It has been pulled from the website so hopefully they're still honouring some orders at least. I haven't received a cancellation email yet.

Same as me. I had my order up within seconds of it being live thought so like to think I made it in time.

If you're like me and you use a controller on the big screen the input delay with vsync isn't anywhere as bad as it can be with a mouse. I know that for D2 on PC it felt exactly the same as it did on D1.

I might give it a go. My PC and 4K Tv are in the same room so just need a long HDMI cable to give it a go. Would be nice for PvE and Raids.

Edit.

Is anyone double dipping with the console versions? I'm tempted to grab the PS4 version and then trade it in before the PC release. But it's going to feel so archaic after playing the PC version for a good 10 or so hours

Last edited:
Associate
Is anyone double dipping with the console versions? I'm tempted to grab the PS4 version and then trade it in before the PC release. But it's going to feel so archaic after playing the PC version for a good 10 or so hours

Yes, PS4, forgive me for I have sinned :p I'm too impatient and would end up reading all the spoilers anyway. I'll try to hold back by just using one character and learning the best practices ready for PC

Associate
Summary of the activities from the leaked game guides (Mild Spoilers)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6xxw09/spoiler_all_activities_on_4_planets_1_image/

Totals:
  • Classes: 3, each with 3 sub classes (9 total)
  • Max Level: 20
  • Max Power: ?? Guide says 300, Guide has pic of 400 weapons, Bungie has a pic of 600.
  • Social Spaces: 2
  • Story: 16 (replayable for better loot)
  • Side Quests: ??
  • World Quests: 4 (one per Patrol, multiple sub-missions)
  • Milestones: Daily tasks for loot. PvE and PvP lists.
  • Patrols: 4
  • Challenges: A selection of activity-specific tasks that reset daily (or weekly).
  • Flashpoints: On Patrol rotated weekly, Public Event based.
  • Nightfall: Super hard. 230-240 power to start.
  • Strikes: 5 (+1 on PS4)
  • Raids: 1
  • Raid Challenges: Total unknown.
  • Adventures: 29 (guide says they take an hour or two to complete, replayable).
  • Lost Sectors: 27
  • Public Events: 91 (double if you count Heroic)
  • Treasure Maps: Loot from Cayde hidden in world. Total unknown.
  • PvP Match Types: 5
  • PvP Maps: 8 (+1 on PS4)
  • Iron Banner: ??
  • Trials of the Nine: ??
Collectibles:

• Scannable Objects: 129 (each provides lore)
  • Exotics: 50 (+1 pre-order, +1 on PS4) known exotics. I guarantee there will be more. Each has it's own lore tab.
  • Raid Gear: Unknown amount, each has it's own lore tab.
  • Trials Gear: Unknown amount, each has it's own lore tab.
  • Weapon/Armor Mods
  • Ships
  • Sparrows
  • Shaders
  • Emotes.
pbUpYA0.jpg

Positives for me are the Adventures, Lost Sectors and Treasure maps. As well as the updates to Public Events. I'm hoping it will take the focus away from grinding strikes.

Secondly, I'm assuming that there are way more than 50 Exotics e.g. hidden quest lines, Raid rewards etc. None of the unique Raid or Trials / Iron Banner gear is listed either.

Soldato
OP
Yes, PS4, forgive me for I have sinned :p I'm too impatient and would end up reading all the spoilers anyway. I'll try to hold back by just using one character and learning the best practices ready for PC

I really didn't want to as I just cancelled my PS+ but as you said, it'll be hard avoiding spoilers

Soldato
I was flip flopping but decided to Lee purchase for console. I know the console community is good and I trust it to remain so I don't want to risk a new platform and the experience be ruined.

Regardless of platform sure it will be great though!

Soldato
How is an i3 beating the 1700? Having second thoughts about this game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtB3uirEhbY&t=2s

The beta build isn't the finished product, it wasn't making use of all the cores however it ran smooth for me @ 3440x1440 and various other people on a 1700 with different gpus not one of us said that it was unplayable. If 1 benchmark on a site is stopping you from buying / playing D2 then I hate to think how many games you don't play.

Back
Top Bottom