Devon woman to sue council over unsightly wheelie bin

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I hope this article has not bin posted yet, don't want people trashing it with rubbish like "pea roast LOLLERS!!" - That's the last thing I wheelie want to see today :p

A Devon woman is planning to sue her council because she believes its bins are lowering the value of her home.

Judie Chisholm, 57, from Paignton, has written to Torbay Council's legal department claiming she will be seeking £5,000 compensation.

Full article on the Slow News Day site @ the BBC

Next she'll be suing nature for making her house look drab in the British weather!

Soldato
Feel free to complain but she better not get any bloody money.

Miss Chisholm has now threatened to saw up her large bin, put it in her car and dump it on the steps of the Town Hall if it is not collected.

I would expect that sort of behaviour from a 10 year old demanding sweets not an adult.

Soldato
What you need to bear in mind (I was listening to Jeremy Vine discussing this today) is that the houses in that picture on the left side of the road have a lot of steps leading up to them. Its not a simply case of pulling the bin to the end of your drive, especially not when you are 50+. The houses on the right have gardens and some have sheltered areas where the bins can be hidden.

I can sympathise with her but lets face it, she won't get a penny.

Back
Top Bottom