1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dexit

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by LabR@t, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Dolph

Man of Honour

I never said or believed that they should.

2. StriderX

Capodecina

Well then it's an irrelevant fact with implied connotations of "how dare they?!", it's barely funny when brexiteers use it as some sort of proof "Look LOOK mister, they are malevolent evil beings!, my vote is vindicated, god emperor Farage was right!".

3. Dolph

Man of Honour

It's not irrelevant. The best way to defuse exit desires elsewhere is to make it as unpleasant as possible, to influence others not to attempt the same thing.

There was nothing implied in my post, by the way. The implication is from your head, not my post.

4. StriderX

Capodecina

Well it's how i see it and almost certainly how the naive see it as well.

5. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

Soviet collectivised farming? The later purges of the Red Army which rendered it utterly useless against the early German advances?

The West throwing the Middle East into chaos by removing both Hussein and Gaddafi from power and actively supporting IS/ISIS/ISIL?

The UK selling off its’ strategic industries to foreign companies and allowing foreign consortiums to control our utilities?

6. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Since there is no serious discussion, I think it is a great option to be locked.

7. Greebo

Caporegime

I am pretty sure that the people who sold our industries off do no see that as hurting us though and neither did the West when they removed Hussein and Gaddafi.

8. 4K8KW10

Soldato

So, they did it in order to call many cheap workers from there, and now begin to complain because of this... lol

This right wing party is like communist - once they close their borders, the natives will have to do all the work :D :D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  9. 4K8KW10

Soldato

10. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

11. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

Meanwhile in the real world, French yellow vests are bringing France to its knees and macron is looking like he fool he is.

12. 4K8KW10

Soldato

It is normal that everything rotates around the largest economy in the EU:
    [​IMG]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

Why are we getting poorer? The French yellow vests help us all.

13. dowie

Caporegime

How are the French yellow vest protestors helping us?

14. 4K8KW10

Soldato

They push Macron to increase the salaries and to decrease the taxes weight.

15. dowie

Caporegime

As much as I think Macron is a bit of a weird guy he's "caught between a rock and a hard place" here. The French have already tried high taxes for the rich, some of the rich moved away (especially easy to do when you're in the EU!). If they slash tax on fuel then they're going to lose revenue...

Are you advocating austerity? Which salaries do you want Macron to increase? Public sector ones? Presumably he'd need to slash public sector jobs to achieve that? Minimum wage? Well that might help some but it is likely to be a token gesture at best.

16. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Energy in a system is not created, it just moves from one form to another. As the revenue will. The French don't want to spend their money for fuel but for other things instead.

The minimum wage was already upped last month.

17. dowie

Caporegime

Well we're not talking about energy. What are you actually proposing he does to increase tax revenues that would both satisfy these protestors and not make the same mistake he already had to reverse with regards to the high rate taxpayers?

18. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Well, I don't know if you understand the problem in France. These people are from smaller living areas, not from the big cities like Paris.
    They need cheap fuels in order to work and move in the French provinces. Now, the problems are the rising fuel costs and the more limits on the diesel.
    Also, these people have low pensions, they struggle to live.

19. dowie

Caporegime

That doesn't answer my question, I'll repeat it:

What are you actually proposing he does to increase tax revenues that would both satisfy these protestors and not make the same mistake he already had to reverse with regards to the high rate taxpayers?

20. GizF1

Gangster

The United Kingdom