US: Dexter: New Blood

Soldato
I think I was more shocked at the rapid change from “let’s save her life” to “let’s murder her”

But you're not shocked at Harrisons change? I will assume Kurts dad had an affect on Kurts when he was younger. Same with Dexter and Harrison. Harrison is turning into Dexter and kurt turned into his own dad too.

Soldato
It's ok, not a patch on the earlier series more akin to the later ones.

Really not buying into his cop gf linking him to the bay harbor butcher either, for one he never used ketamine and secondly his disappearance was 8 years after Dokes was pinned as the butcher. Lazy writing for me.

Soldato
It's ok, not a patch on the earlier series more akin to the later ones.

Really not buying into his cop gf linking him to the bay harbor butcher either, for one he never used ketamine and secondly his disappearance was 8 years after Dokes was pinned as the butcher. Lazy writing for me.

Well she linked the drug dealer that dexter killed and the one he injected but not actually pushed the syringe, as she found out it contained Ketamine. She was searching Miami metro probably because her boyfriend worked there as has now be outed to her so she just wanted to find out more about him. She then got a hunch and searched Ket and miami metro, that bought up bay harbor butcher. looked at dexters mug shot and thats it so far.
Now my thinking is this. She will make the link and confront dexter about this injecting and the BHB. She will ask him if he is the BHB even though Doakes was framed for it. He will deny, she will tell him the connections, needle, ket, worked there etc. Dexter will tell her the BHB used M99 and not ket, it wasn't publicly advertised the BHB used M99 as it was taken from MMPD, so reporst printed Ketamine as the drug used. Dexter will tell her the reason why he injected the two druggies was because the BHB did and it was a very good way of doing what he needed to do as it was very seldom found in tox reports iirc. Dexter will just say he just took a few tips from the BHB.

Obviously this could be all crap and we may never know if it was lazy writing or not but whats not to like about theories' :)

Soldato
She Google searched "ketamine bay harbour butcher" though didn't she? Unless my memory is playing tricks, which is entirely possible :D

Even if it was "katamine Miami metro" why would the bhb be top result? Doesn't make sense ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
but why is "ketamine" giving google search results for the BHB when its never been used before? The whole sequence is bugging the **** out of me in case you haven't noticed as it just doesn't make sense lol

Soldato
My theory is mmpd didn't want the fact m99 was stolen from the police station so covered that up with saying ketamine was used. Having one of thier own as the bhb and lapse security on m99 would be bad publicity well even worse publicity. Probably explain in last episodes. If nit I'm sure the writers will make something up or admit they made a mistake.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’ve no idea what cypher I’d need to use for that tbh.

Latest episode was good, although Dexter has an easy out which he doesn’t appear to take (if the next episode clip is to be believed).

Just say that they went to talk to Kurt and stumbled on him at the hiding spot whilst out watching the moon.

Associate
My theory is mmpd didn't want the fact m99 was stolen from the police station so covered that up with saying ketamine was used. Having one of thier own as the bhb and lapse security on m99 would be bad publicity well even worse publicity. Probably explain in last episodes. If nit I'm sure the writers will make something up or admit they made a mistake.

Been a while since I watched the earlier series, but when was M99 stolen from the station? I thought he mail ordered it under the "Patrick Bateman" alias?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
There better be a season 2, this just got really good only 1 episode away from the finale.

As good as this series was I wish they never did it. I just knew when they were introducing Harrison it would end like this. What a really really disappointing ending.

Associate
I was really enjoying this right up until the finale, what a terrible ending. I thought the original series ending was bad but they've really outdone themselves. Seemed very rushed and didn't make much sense.

Caporegime
last few eps were kinda meh tbh.

as soon as the bad guy was revealed the show went down hill pretty much.

the writings not as good as I remember dexter being either, its a pretty low budget and boring series over all.

6/10

almost comes across as a budget cash in before it's too late, shame it started pretty good.

Caporegime
last few eps were kinda meh tbh.

as soon as the bad guy was revealed the show went down hill pretty much.

the writings not as good as I remember dexter being either, its a pretty low budget and boring series over all.

6/10

almost comes across as a budget cash in before it's too late, shame it started pretty good.

I rewatched Dexter just as the first episode of Dexter New Blood started, the writing throughout the entire thing is garbage.
Dexter New Blood's is actually better.

Back
Top Bottom