US: Dexter: New Blood

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I think I’d have preferred Harrison shooting him in the knee cap and leaving him for dead, than the ending we got.

Seeing Dexter get taken in, deported to Miami and confronted by Bautista would have been a fitting cliffhanger end assuming they had a second season.

He’s killed innocent people before to “not get caught” but it was such a cheap death considering he could have choked out Logan in another 15s or so, that it really felt unnecessary.

Soldato
He’s killed innocent people before to “not get caught” but it was such a cheap death considering he could have choked out Logan in another 15s or so, that it really felt unnecessary.
That's the bit that ruined it for me, seemed like such forced death just to say "Hey I know you have just watched 9 episodes of this character growing and surviving in a different environment but don't forget being a murderer for whatever reason is bad!".

Associate
That's the bit that ruined it for me, seemed like such forced death just to say "Hey I know you have just watched 9 episodes of this character growing and surviving in a different environment but don't forget being a murderer for whatever reason is bad!".

Yes exactly, he was arguable his best friend there (or seemed that way), just seemed a way to quickly pus/finish story off and spoiled it in my opinion.

Soldato
Very unsatisfactory ending. Was rooting for Dexter right up to the point he
throttled Logan.

I guess giving Harrison the rifle a few episodes previously kind of set it up but for
killing a cop I wanted to see him get the needle or Old Sparky not just a quick death bleed out in the woods.

Of course I suppose there is an outside chance he isn't actually
dead, but given the amount of blood on the ground seems unlikely.

Soldato
I was confused at first as the way it was shot was really disjointed. He had him and then said dont and he went for his gun. At first i thought that he had accidently shot himself in the head as dexter had blood on his face that i dont remember seeing after he pulled him towards the bars and bashed him. Then it appears that he broke his neck..

Poor ending really in my opinion. I really dont think that there was anywhere near enough evidence that could have pinned the BHB murders on him.

Soldato
Whilst neither of us were impressed with the ending of the original series we both agreed that we would have been happy enough to have left it at that after finishing DNB. The storyline in the last couple of episodes which compelled Dexter to do what he did was less than convincing, he has been in much tighter spots before. But to end it the way they did............meh. Overall, quite poor.

Soldato
Whilst neither of us were impressed with the ending of the original series we both agreed that we would have been happy enough to have left it at that after finishing DNB. The storyline in the last couple of episodes which compelled Dexter to do what he did was less than convincing, he has been in much tighter spots before. But to end it the way they did............meh. Overall, quite poor.

I kind of of convinced myself it's because he'd been out of practice for 10 years so wouldn't have been as "honed" as he used to be. It's better that way than to just get completely frustrated with rubbish :p

Soldato
I kind of of convinced myself it's because he'd been out of practice for 10 years so wouldn't have been as "honed" as he used to be. It's better that way than to just get completely frustrated with rubbish :p

You make a reasonable point, and it helps, but meh is still..........meh :D

I remember before we watched Dexter I had read the Jeff Lindsay books that were available at the time. There were some pretty big differences between those and the TV series but overall the original show was still enjoyable. Perhaps our expectations and hopes meant the bar had been raised for this one. Considering those who were responsible for DNB would have had enough feedback from the conclusion of the original series to give some thought on a more credible ending than how this one was delivered.

Soldato
To be honest it wasn't very good, I did watch it all as I really liked the original back in the days. I would rate it 5/10 and only because I liked the original.

Caporegime
To be honest it wasn't very good, I did watch it all as I really liked the original back in the days. I would rate it 5/10 and only because I liked the original.
The worst thing was the setting.... how many people can identify with that....

I think the population of the town was about 20?

how many different characters were in the show it honestly can't have been that many.

barely any extras etc seemed like a ghost land but someone is getting away with murders there for decades?

as a stand alone brand new TV series it would have been a 3/10.

just cashing in on the dexter franchise in hindsight

Soldato
Just caught up with this show. Man so much to love for 9 episodes but the finale was absolutely awful.

Plot holes galore, dexters final kill making zero sense (the most damming thing imo and no doubt put in there so we didn't sympathise with him anymore) , the weak theory Angela had about Matt..the lack of a reunion! Very lazy writing on all counts.

I was really enjoying it, it felt great seeing dexter again going after psychos whilst pretending to be normal, the arc with the kid was whatever but overall probably it was right to have him in the show. Kurt was a fantastic season villian.

I just don't know how they could mess up the finale so much. Like if your going to end with that conclusion why not have it be a Kurt vs Dexter final showdown where they both end up terminally injured. I get MCH need to park the role for good but Dexter's end could have been so much more fulfilling.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Plot twist Dexter wakes up and he is still in prison..... accept this time Batista has been watching him the whole time and then he takes off his hat....

Soldato
Finally watched it.

It was going very well until the girlfriend somehow solves Bay Harbor Butcher case from two pictures from the internet, and Dexter somehow thinks they have a case against him for either crime so instead of sitting in prison until they have to release him, decides to kill a cop.

Plot holes galore, dexters final kill making zero sense (the most damming thing imo and no doubt put in there so we didn't sympathise with him anymore) , the weak theory Angela had about Matt..the lack of a reunion! Very lazy writing on all counts.

Yeah. They had no case against him for the murder or the BHB. All Dex needed to do was to sit down and say nothing until they had to cut him loose, and then move to LA with Harrison. Could have been a good way to set things up for season 2. Probably couldn't get Michael C Hall to sign for more than one season so they had to end it.

Back
Top Bottom