US: Dexter Season 7 (Contains Spoilers)

Soldato
That was a pretty decent episode, though one thing that really bugs me is that Dexter didn't take the hair he found in Deb's bathroom to be analysed along with the water. It could easily have been Harrison's hair, which would throw into doubt whether Hannah was ever in the bathroom. This part seemed a bit weak, because we know that Dexter is fastidious about that sort of thing, so he would definitely have taken the hair too, not just left it sitting there. It just came across as weak writing.

I also find it amazing that it didn't even cross Dexter's mind that Deb may have poisoned herself to frame Hannah and make Dexter choose between the two of them, knowing that Dexter would choose her over Hannah. The season finale teaser looks good, I just hope they get rid of La Guerta, I hate her!

One

One

Soldato
TBH I was convinced it was Deb that did it up until I saw the car. It was a pretty big wreck and could have easily seen her killed. If the car wasn't as badly wrecked I would have said Deb manufactured the incident.

About the hair, Harrison's hair isn't that long is it? Also we know by now that Dexter isn't actually all that meticulous when he is raging.

Soldato
TBH I was convinced it was Deb that did it up until I saw the car. It was a pretty big wreck and could have easily seen her killed. If the car wasn't as badly wrecked I would have said Deb manufactured the incident.

Deb did say "she would do anything to protect Dexter", so who knows! Will be interesting to say the least!

On a sidenote, although it was somewhat relevant earlier, the whole Nadia side-story feels badly shoehorned in for an extra 5 mins of story.

Associate
Pretty sure that Deb staged it. It will bring them closer together for now but when it all starts to go to hell next season, as it has to, then it will tear them apart and it will be Dexter vs everyone...

Soldato
I don't know what to make of the "next week on Dexter" part in the end credits. Can it be taken on face value? Does it contain imaginings? Do I wish I hadn't watched it?

The latter question is the only one I know the answer to and that's yes.

Associate
Dexter helps get Hannah arrested and expects her not to say anything about his secrets? That's stretching it a bit! Why wouldn't she spill the beans to cut a deal for herself? I'm still not sure whether it was Debs or Hannah that spiked the water either. What's the consensus here?

Soldato
Terrible, terrible, terrible. Still dunno why I bother.

well then dont, if all your going to do is post effectively spam dont bother watching. you could be a little more constuctive.....

Great episode , one of the best this season. Looking forward to next week & seeing how Doakes is in it. Im glad Hannah is kind of out the way now, she was the bad point this season , and I am happy the captain got more screen time for once.

Still nothing can beat season 4 , and that's always the marker that this show has to live up to .

Last edited:
Soldato
Last night was good, glad I haven't seen the finale spoiler. I really don't know why shows do that, such a waste of time. It always has the Mrs and I scrambling for the remote control the moment the credits start to roll!

I think there is a strong possibility that Deb has done that to herself to get Dexter to kill Hannah, which I think he will in the finale. It will then come back to bite her in the ass next series possibly.

Soldato
well then dont, if all your going to do is post effectively spam dont bother watching. you could be a little more constuctive.....

Great episode , one of the best this season. Looking forward to next week & seeing how Doakes is in it. Im glad Hannah is kind of out the way now, she was the bad point this season , and I am happy the captain got more screen time for once.

Still nothing can beat season 4 , and that's always the marker that this show has to live up to .

I've been plenty constructive elsewhere, thanks.

One

One

Soldato
I said the wreck was way too bad for it to even be considered deb did it to herself.

Interesting end and thank goodness Doakes didn't actually come back from the dead lol. Nice that we'll still have Hannah back next season (I assume). Although I find it hard to believe they're actually going to string out another season.

Man of Honour
Well, Erik King, is listed in the cast credits for episode 12, so there is "something" involving Doakes in that episode.

That was such an unbelievable douchebag thing to post.

Cheers for ruining it.

lNB2f.png

Edit: that might come across as harsh, but I was extremely miffed that I knew about it a few episodes before it happened because of your post, especially as it was a surprise return.

Last edited:
Soldato

I don't see how it really mattered in the end. His involvement in the finale was negligible at best, it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know about Doakes, Dexter, or their conflict with each other. Of course Ceryndion didn't know this at the time so it was still a somewhat douchey thing to do as Doakes involvement could have much greater. But as it turns out, I don't see what difference it really made.

Soldato
Pretty good finale, nice to see doakes back in action , miss that dude.
Big plot hole though- Hannah escapes and the hospital notice but fail to tell the police? Ummm ok! But apart from that the finale moments were pretty tense but a bit silly with what deb did, at one point I thought she might just turn the gun on herself.

Here's to the next and final season!

Back
Top Bottom