US: Dexter Season 7 (Contains Spoilers)

One

One

Soldato
You do realise Miami metro aren't the only police unit in Miami right? I'm pretty sure another department would be dealing with it, more than likely a federal unit as most prison breakouts are normally dealt with.

Man of Honour
I don't see how it really mattered in the end. His involvement in the finale was negligible at best, it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know about Doakes, Dexter, or their conflict with each other. Of course Ceryndion didn't know this at the time so it was still a somewhat douchey thing to do as Doakes involvement could have much greater. But as it turns out, I don't see what difference it really made.
In the end, your right, but it really wasn't something I wanted to know about in advance.

Soldato
Well.. a more predictable an end there never was...

Pretty much sums up the last episode imo :cool:

My thoughts on the latest episode:

Some fantastic acting all round though - The first fifteen minutes clearly showed the lengths Dexter is prepared to go to in order to protect Debs - the next fifteen minutes shows just what a clever, conniving, ******* he can be when pushed (by Laguerta) - it was good to see Doakes back in action as a flash back.

Also seemed funny to see Debs in uniform:p

There is one more series to go - isn't there?

Last edited:
Soldato
to be honest, the only reason I knew anything about the last episode, was speculation by other posters, given the episode name for the last episode, all I did was look at imdb and it was there that he appeared in it.. if reporting that is douchey then so be it, I'll remember in future that details published on t'interweb, are not for public disemination.. damn those people that post threads about films that haven't been released, what douches they are.. :p

oh and..

Awesome so far. I speculate Deb will end up being in a position where she will have to murder to protect Dexter, likely La Guertta.

way to spoil the climax of the season..

Last edited:
Soldato
You do realise Miami metro aren't the only police unit in Miami right? I'm pretty sure another department would be dealing with it, more than likely a federal unit as most prison breakouts are normally dealt with.

that seems like a contrived excuse for a tv show. shes a major character that have been heavily involved legally with deb and emotionally with dexter. I think it was just left out for the sake of progressing next season.

Soldato
that seems like a contrived excuse for a tv show. shes a major character that have been heavily involved legally with deb and emotionally with dexter. I think it was just left out for the sake of progressing next season.

What was shown in the episode hardly constitutes as left out. There's no indication of time scale, and the lack of them showing it doesn't prove that they aren't aware, it just means it's not been shown.

Following the same logic, Deb never goes for a poo because she's never shown going for a poo or mentioning that she is.

Soldato
What was shown in the episode hardly constitutes as left out. There's no indication of time scale, and the lack of them showing it doesn't prove that they aren't aware, it just means it's not been shown.

Following the same logic, Deb never goes for a poo because she's never shown going for a poo or mentioning that she is.

well its seems im not the only one to pick up on the gapping plot hole as reviewers are calling it out too.:

"The scene where Hannah escaped was devoid of any logic, given that they thought she was dying, and a murderess, so they left her alone once someone else who was bleeding appeared. They also didn't inform Debra or Dexter that she was loose, which seems criminal at best. "

Soldato
But as I said, just because you don't see someone going for a poo or announcing to everyone that they are going for a poo, that they never go for a poo.

We don't know if it's been left out yet. Officially, she was charged for the murder of Sal Price anyway, rather than an attempt on Deb, and we don't know how long there was between her escape and placing the plant. It could have been a few hours, after hours.

Reviewers noticing it doesn't really mean much.

Soldato
On the strictest interpretation of the code, she's qualified ever since she discovered Dexter and helped him to cover up the murder of Travis. However, as he proved during this season, first with the aborted attempt to kill Hannah, and later the murder of her father, he has evolved beyond the code and has adopted a loser code based upon those who he deems to 'deserve' it, mostly in order to protect those that he loves. He killed Hannah's father to protect Hannah, he was to kill La Guertta to protect both Deborah and himself, but Deborah chose to bring her own code deeper into question to protect him.

Ultimately, I don't see Dexter killing Deborah anytime soon, unless he is given no other option.

Man of Honour
Hopefully!

No way, I love a bit of Deb!

I enjoyed this season, but it didn't have the mega-climax I was expecting. I guess as everything has been thrown so far out of the window over the last season that anything goes and everyone is expendable :eek:

It was a right sprawler. First we had Isaac, then Hannah came into it... a brief bit of controversy with a new killer in town then La Guerta on the case. It was a lot different than previous seasons so felt fresh :)

I thought they set it up so badly that Batista was going to die that Quinn was going to get it. Poor Deb though. Is it possible for her to get any more screwed up?!

One

One

Soldato
well its seems im not the only one to pick up on the gapping plot hole as reviewers are calling it out too.:

"The scene where Hannah escaped was devoid of any logic, given that they thought she was dying, and a murderess, so they left her alone once someone else who was bleeding appeared. They also didn't inform Debra or Dexter that she was loose, which seems criminal at best. "

Reviewers are morons.

It's not a plot hole, it's a cliff hanger! Car journey and processing probably took several hours (she had to cut her handcuff), she knew she wasn't really going to die, she knew pill would get her to convulse and she'd wake up fine. She's escaped, medics know this now. She wasn't a convicted killer just a suspect remanded in jail so no need for armed guards. Police will be informed, next season will probably pick up with them all getting phoned an hour or so into the party.

Associate
Really enjoyed it. If it had been the last episode ever Deb could have shot either of them, but with one more series to go it was obvious who she'd shoot. Can see that sort of dilemma coming up agin for the grand finale.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I always hate it when they introduce a victim, purely to fill a few episodes.

The phantom arsonist, a case in point. Added nothing to the story, seemed to appear and vanish as quickly as it arrived and served no real purpose except that it was a distraction for the police and provided Dexter with someone to kill. At least Speltzer offered more than "random bad guy, that you have no connection with". When he trapped Dexter in his maze, and the way he almost overpowered Dexter was a great moment IMO.

Best bits were the confrontations with Matthews and La Guerta tbh. Except, that seemed to boil over with La Guerta telling Deb she would be investigating the ice truck killings, then nothing for 4 episodes (possibly more) and WHAM... she's convinced it's Dexter.

What does always make me smile though, are the twists and turns that you never expect, like the phone tracking on Deb and Dexter's phone, or how Dexter managed to set up La Guerta for attempting to catch him in the act. Classic Dexter moments.

For all the hype, I would have accepted Doakes coming back from the grave, if only because he is such an awesome character. The flashbacks were OK, but just seemed a bit meaningless. As mentioned, they never really gave us more information than we already knew. Yes, he thought Dexter was creepy, but because Dexter says a line that he read in a killer's journal, Doakes conclusively believes it's all an act. I don't buy that.

I do await how they're going to cover up the shooting though. Usually Dexter plans everything, but so far, these little loose ends are coming back to haunt him, and it's only a matter of time before Matthews finds something, or someone (Deb) lets the cat out of the bag. For example, Deb shoots La Guerta from outside the shipping container.. the entry wound and blood spatter would not be consistent of a shoot-off between Estrada and La Guerta, so either they bodge the evidence or make both bodies disappear. In doing the latter things WILL get interesting.

The rogue captain investigating Dexter gets found dead in a shipping container with the murderer of his mother, or she goes missing just as she gets close and accuses him of the crime. In both scenarios, it would heighten suspicion to epic proportions. If not for higher powers (Federal or just Matthews and his "friends") to get involved. A more fitting climax would have been to show Deb shoot, and fade to black - giving the illusion she shot Dexter, but also maintaining that it could also be La Guerta.

Sad to see Angel retire. He's the honest symbol of integrity in that department. No one else (apart from Mike Anderson or Doakes - both dead) has really shown themselves to be a decent person, that calls it down the line. Quinn is bent as a $10 bill, Mazuka is just weird and will do anything for a piece of ass, Deb is covering up more cracks than a painter and decorator and Matthews is retired. It's interesting.

Another thing too, I don't really feel the connection with Hannah. Yes, Dexter confided with her and has "let go" since meeting someone that he can connect with, but he barely sees his son as it is, has already told Deb about the dark passenger, which makes her not much more than a booty call and she's not even someone he can trust 100% either, since poisoning Deb either.
He's running out of allies and the web he's weaving is so messy I can only see one way out. Suicide. Here's to season 8! :(:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom