dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

Gibbo said:
No DFI do, not OcUK if you expect us to offer the product at cost then we just won't bother offering it at all.....

As explained above I took a reasonable guess and put the board up to pre-order to only find out when purchasing that the board was costing OcUK like £25 more than expected, DFI extremely overpriced. I think I will show them this thread.

Ah ok - thats quite fair... Thanks for making it clear. Then DFI are being a bit OTT

Tony over on the XS forums is saying that the bios on the boards already is pretty crappy and should reflash as soon as you get the board. You can check the thread out here.

There's some choice in voltage control.

Whos gona get the board though, its £176. :D

Theres no way DFi boards are worth that stupid price, look at the Asus, Abit etc.. cracking boards, and nowhere near that hilarious price, what are DFi smoking. :D

Have they got to big-headed and thought, our boards are the dogs, the price jsutifies them, no other manufacturer comes close, as if thats the case thats sheer lunacy as they aint the best by a long way.

Ive always used Asus boards, and i think they are fantastic, enver had any problems at all with any of my Asus boards, got my first ever DFi just before christmas, the RDX200 Crossfire, never again will i touch them, atrocious boards.

Last edited:
LoadsaMoney said:
Whos gona get the board though, its £176. :D

Theres no way DFi boards are worth that stupid price, look at the Asus, Abit etc.. cracking boards, and nowhere near that hilarious price, what are DFi smoking. :D

Have they got to big-headed and thought, our boards are the dogs, the price jsutifies them, no other manufacturer comes close, as if thats the case thats sheer lunacy as they aint the best by a long way.

Ive always used Asus boards, and i think they are fantastic, enver had any problems at all with any of my Asus boards, got my first ever DFi just before christmas, the RDX200 Crossfire, never again will i touch them, atrocious boards.

DFI ain't attrocious boards, in my personal opinion they have been the overclocking kings of the last 3 AMD sockets.

Socket A: Ultra B, some will say the Abit NF7 was, but DFI revisions would hit higher FSB half the time (with mods) which is what mattered on socket A.

Socket 754: Lanparty 250GB, enough said on that one

Socket 939: Lanparty nF4 range, expert and venus as extras, enough said there too.

As you can tell im a big fan of DFI, but im sure you can remember me telling you not to go for the RDX200. I think DFI boards are great but I knew that board would be nothing compared to the nforce4 series.

The RDX3200 is looking to be a very nice board, although for the price it's still not worth it.

I would not shy away from DFI boards due to one bad experience. All of the above boards listed, I have owned them all and all of them were stable at stock, right through to overclocked.

Heck, I had my nforce4 setup done within 40 mins from build to OS install. Ok I had a modded windows install with all drivers (in raid) integrated.

Explicit said:
Boycott DFI RD580? :D

Agreed!

Asus best buy at the moment, Abit is nice and available with Sapphire on the way at even possibly lower prices.

DFI for when you read this you will be hearing from me soon.......

Gibbo said:
Agreed!

Asus best buy at the moment, Abit is nice and available with Sapphire on the way at even possibly lower prices.

You think they'll let it return to the original price?

Gerard said:
You think they'll let it return to the original price?

This thread says it all really. Not many people are willing buy that overpriced board and eventually they will have to lower the price if they want to stand any chance of success.

You don't have to be a genius to work this out. Overpriced product = low sales revenue. Is that what DFI really wants?

LoadsaMoney said:
LMFAO £176 for a ******* motherboard!!!. :D :D

Is the thing made out of gold or what. :D

If its owt like the RD480 one then i feel sorry for all who buy it, that was an atrocious board about as stable as a 1x legged table, id go for any of the others, no way ill ever touch MFi again, RD480 board was my first, and last.
think you right
was going to get this,not now
will go single graphic card route for a mobo

Explicit said:
This thread says it all really. Not many people are willing buy that overpriced board and eventually they will have to lower the price if they want to stand any chance of success.

You don't have to be a genius to work this out. Overpriced product = low sales revenue. Is that what DFI really wants?

After careful consideration

munch.gif

Hopefully not. :p

DFI is taking the urine. Boycott this board and dont line the pockets of some scam artist directors trying to make a quick buck. Or buy it and bend over while they pull your trousers down and ........enter your phrase here.....

gary996 said:
DFI is taking the urine. Boycott this board and dont line the pockets of some scam artist directors trying to make a quick buck. Or buy it and bend over while they pull your trousers down and ........enter your phrase here.....

Phrase = Wince whilst they blow cold air with a large fan around ones mid section?!

But I agree, I was going to buy one just as soon as they came on the site, but I decided to hang fire 'cos I just got my Expert that day! But at this price, its just silly.

*Waves arm aggressively at DFI*

Gibbo said:
Agreed!

Can you tell them i cant hide £176 outgoing from my account from the wife that is , but she wouldn't notice £150 ;)

Mekrel said:
Heck, I had my nforce4 setup done within 40 mins from build to OS install. Ok I had a modded windows install with all drivers (in raid) integrated.

I too am waiting for that price to drop as this is my next big purchase shifting from abit av8 (POS) to dfi rd580.

off topic i know but ??? fully integrated is there a guide on the net as to how to do this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom