1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo and Elder Scrolls coming to mobile!

Discussion in 'Mobile and Tablet Games' started by BombayMix, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Cromulent

Mobster

I'll probably play both of these for some casual fun. I tend to enjoy mobile gaming more than sitting in front of my PC these days for some odd reason. Same reason I love my Nintendo 2DS XL.

2. Undesirable

Wise Guy

I'm not sure what the fans expected either. Diablo III was a shadow of its former self and the writing was already on the wall even years before that with the dumbing down of WoW (pandas and other such casualization). We now have superior action RPGs in the form of Grim Dawn and Path of Exile.

We don't need a new Diablo; the Devs that worked on the original games are long gone and Blizzard has been a terrible company for something like a decade. That's more than enough time for an ardent PC gamer to decide not to attend their crappy conventions and they've only got themselves to blame if they came away disappointed.

3. Cromulent

Mobster

Just installed Elder Scrolls Blades. I got a notification from the play store because I pre-registered to get information when it comes out.

4. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

I just saw the logo on social media. Was hoping it was for the ESVI :(

5. 8myers8

Gangster

Cannot wait for Diablo , but still no date on it :(

6. Cromulent

Mobster

Played Blades for about 15 to 20 minutes just to test it out and the graphics are great. Seems fun. I'll play it a bit more tomorrow and see how it goes.

7. BombayMix

Wise Guy

Only played Blades for about 30 mins before uninstalling. It not really an Elder Scrolls games, just a base building game with on rails dungeons. The 3D controls on a phone were horrible, spent half my time staring at a wall and the combat seemed mindless button bashing. It also heavy on the loot boxes, which is a major turn off.

8. Jonny2284

Wise Guy

Ditto.

It looks great but it just wasn't fun.

9. almoststew1990

Mobster

I'm quite enjoying Blades tbh. I went in expecting a naff freemium monetised to all hell type game, not Skyrim Mobile, and was slightly pleasantly surprised. Its my new time waster but isn't going to replace Vice City any time soon

10. Cromulent

Mobster

I was playing this but the recent update which added a login screen to Bethesda.net does not seem to want to log me in even though the same account and password work on my Windows 10 machine. Very annoying as I was quite enjoying playing Blades.

11. almoststew1990

Mobster

if you haven't tried it for a while, I don't have a log in screen on mine any more, so maybe a recent update removed it?

I'm finding the grind / economy just about barable. The fact the shop (smithy) doesn't have any money, repairing / tempering doesn't put money in his bank, the timers for tempering blocking out repairing at hte smithy means it's quite frustrating. I won't ever pay real money for gems to speed the process up, but it hasn't made me drop the game yet.

The basic gameplay is quite well done, and I can dream that they'll make some kind of version of Oblivion for mobile that uses similar combat with the open world. PRiced at £5 with no freemium ********, like Rockstar games.

12. BrightKenzi

Associate

Probably best to keep expectations low on this one.

13. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

i find i cant get into mobile games, i always find them boring i guess and pointless
    BUT i play Clash of clans and Clash Royale only
    they are just "made" for mobile and work really well

Diablo above looks superb

14. D1craig

Wise Guy

Its shows they think with their wallets like most businesses. It's a predominantly pc gaming company why they thought mobile gaming being their big announcement for the year would go down well beggars belief...

I was so disappointed with diablo 3 after hearing how good the others where. And then I had to complete the game several times to get my character to a level of competence for the end game stuff... and the story didnt continue from diablo 2 its just got retold.