Did a buy a silver something?

Soldato
Hello, my GooD men and women.

Was was looking in my granddads garage....

Seriously though :)

A young lad about 13-15 comes into the shop I work at today; he is somewhat of a regular and pretty much has always has an idea of making money up his sleave. A few weeks previously he wanted to put an advert up for washing cars. He seems like a good lad, though I don't know if I would entirely trust him, you know the sort you can see it in their eyes.

So anyways, when he got to paying this silver object fell out of his pocket, I asked what it was; he said it was a stamp I looked at the object and it had several markings on it:

• R* 708938
    JS in an oval
    S in a circle
    EP
    something something in a rectangle
    and an A1 in a oval

He wanted £2 for it and said that he owed someone money, so I said
"okay". I figured if it's just steel I can melt it down or look for further interest.

So guys what the hell is this thing used for and is it silver? I thought it may be a skim of some sorts.

Oh the weight is about 15 grams.

11062011436.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality the batteries for my camera have died so I am using the missuses Mobile.

Caporegime
focus your camera on an object that isnt reflective by half holding the button down and then with the button still pressed move to the spoon and the focus should be correct aslong as its the same distance away as the object you used to focus the camera.

Caporegime
focus your camera on an object that isnt reflective by half holding the button down and then with the button still pressed move to the spoon and the focus should be correct aslong as its the same distance away as the object you used to focus the camera.

He's using mobile camera, not owned one that does the same as a normal camera myself.

Caporegime
He's using mobile camera, not owned one that does the same as a normal camera myself.

mine does the focus thing if you half press the button, some old sony ericsson phone though maybe the newer phones dont do it, most dont have the camera lights either do they anymore? i can use mine like a torch if i have the video camera mode on :D

Soldato
mine does the focus thing if you half press the button, some old sony ericsson phone though maybe the newer phones dont do it, most dont have the camera lights either do they anymore? i can use mine like a torch if i have the video camera mode on :D

As does mine, but its a bit slow compared to any standalone camera.

Back
Top Bottom