Did anyone else get solicited by ERYONE printers on here?

Soldato
Got a conversation from ERYONE asking to test a printer for free, and then if I thought it was good, post a review here. Quell surprise... I don't do that sort of thing lol. (Paid for reviews in disguise).

Assuming it's their ER-20.... then... price is so completely over the place with that thing that's it's hard to recommend it anyway unless they can nail down the price better.

Associate
While the way they've gone about it isn't the best, I've been in involved with 3d printing longer enough to know this is the norm now.

If you think the 3d printing influencers are paying for the products they make content on then I have bad news for you. I don't pay any attention to 5 star reviews or solely positive YouTube videos because these people make the living this way and their not going be negative about the products they rely on.

Having said that, I did reply to Eryone and have received a spool of filament to try for the purpose of my small business needs. I've told them if it's good I say it is, if it isn't that gets shared to.

Soldato
OP
yeah, definitely seems that way about the industry. Shame really, as trying to get the real info on products and not the 'free' ones can be challenging.

I recently was talking with Micro Swiss about their new NG extruder, and I commented that I do a lot of product testing and said I am not after anything, I just mentioned about how I understand the process and how long it can take. Next email was asking me to test the new part as part of the beta. I declined as it felt wrong, and I didn't really have enough time to give a fair assessment anyway. The difference here though was, at no point did they ask me to give a review and post publically etc. I'll likely be buying an NG unit when/if I sell my Delta printer though, I like how they are constructed.

Back
Top Bottom