Did Corsair just silently put out the best B Die bin on the market? 4000 16-16-16-36 XMP at 1.40v!

Associate
Ah sorry, I should have been clearer. Thanks for the advice though. What's a likely stable set of timings with 1T I can start from as a baseline? 16-16-16-32 with auto subtimings and then start changing them in small groups?
Thats the thing, I would have expected you to be able to post with those settings as they are not aggressive at all.

GDM enabled is obviously assisting you to be able to post.

Can you try with 2T GDM disabled and report back

Associate
Are the pics not showing? I put them in a spoiler tag.
They are showing, but I wont be able to work out what the PBC is with those pics, as the angle/distance does not show what is required to make an evaluation.

Look here

Scroll down and open the spoiler, it shows the different PCB layouts.

You should then be able to understand why the pictures have to be taken from specific angle/distance to be able to work out what the dimms are ........

Associate
They are showing, but I wont be able to work out what the PBC is with those pics, as the angle/distance does not show what is required to make an evaluation.

Look here

Scroll down and open the spoiler, it shows the different PCB layouts.

You should then be able to understand why the pictures have to be taken from specific angle/distance to be able to work out what the dimms are ........

Ahh, sorry. I took some more and tried to get them the same as yours, not sure if they are any better. I will try and take some better shots during the daytime as my lighting sucks.

https://imgur.com/a/2wzOpln

EDIT: They appear to be A2 layout from what I can tell, the chips are bunched at the ends of the PCB

Last edited:
Associate
Thats the thing, I would have expected you to be able to post with those settings as they are not aggressive at all.

GDM enabled is obviously assisting you to be able to post.

Can you try with 2T GDM disabled and report back

This got past POST but in a quick MemBench run (just to check for errors) it threw up an error very quickly.

Just an FYI I have NB/SOC voltage at 1.1v, VDDP 0.905v, VDDG CCD 1.05, VDDG IOD 1.05v, CPU IP8 on Auto, RAM at 1.4v and DRAM VPP at Auto (not sure if any of these is making the difference).

Tried 16-16-16-32 at 1T with all else on Auto and it crashes in Windows (with either BGS or BGS alt enabled).

Last edited:
Associate
Ahh, sorry. I took some more and tried to get them the same as yours, not sure if they are any better. I will try and take some better shots during the daytime as my lighting sucks.

https://imgur.com/a/2wzOpln

EDIT: They appear to be A2 layout from what I can tell, the chips are bunched at the ends of the PCB
Thanks for that, they indeed do look to be on an A2 PCB

:)

This got past POST but in a quick MemBench run (just to check for errors) it threw up an error very quickly.

Just an FYI I have NB/SOC voltage at 1.1v, VDDP 0.905v, VDDG CCD 1.05, VDDG IOD 1.05v, CPU IP8 on Auto, RAM at 1.4v and DRAM VPP at Auto (not sure if any of these is making the difference).

Tried 16-16-16-32 at 1T with all else on Auto and it crashes in Windows (with either BGS or BGS alt enabled).
Ive used in total 4 sets of Viper 4400 mhz dimms, non of the sets I used were that bad.

Though they have only been tested on upper tier motherboards.

Maybe its the motherboard your sporting that is not able to power the dimms effectivly at 16-16-16-32-1T

Did you try 2T ?

Associate
Been playing with 5950x and getting the best out of the curve... now onto RAM I have 2x of these kits, XMP I can run but it's not 1:1:1
Force setting 2000,1966,1933 = WHEA errors
1900 = black hole (seems to be mentioned in few places)
Running my memory at 1866:1866:1866 at the moment with FCLK etc with the XMP settings.
https://imgur.com/a/pSrVx8l

pSrVx8l

Any Tips, what have you guys managed to get out of it when you can't get the elusive 2000 IF.

Associate
Ive used in total 4 sets of Viper 4400 mhz dimms, non of the sets I used were that bad.

Though they have only been tested on upper tier motherboards.

Maybe its the motherboard your sporting that is not able to power the dimms effectivly at 16-16-16-32-1T

Did you try 2T ?

I did, would boot but wasn't stable. Must be a poor set or more likely the motherboard. Thanks for the suggestions though, I appreciate it. Considering an X570 motherboard instead (mainly for more USB ports).

Associate
unnecessarily got in on this action to replace some 3600mhz ram, to go with an also unecesary 3700x to 5800x upgrade. Should end up costing about £100 to £150 after selling my old parts. I'm well aware I probably won't notice much difference.

Associate
I can seemingly do FCLK 1900 with everything on [Auto] with no WHEA errors but 2000 seems a no go even with a +0.05V offset on SoC voltage taking it to 1.15V. I can post and boot at FCLK 2000 but get lots of WHEA errors in event viewer, currently using a 5800X on eco-mode.

s4LMDn8.png

Associate
New ram standards often start out expensive and with very high / loose latencies, the first round of DDR5 likely wont be much improvement, higher frequency sure but timings will be terrible.

The platform overall will be a huge improvement, more bandwidth and weight lifted of the CPU memory controller will be welcome:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/d...sed-fast-ram-with-built-in-voltage-regulators

The Dimms will likely have poor timings comparative the best DDR4 modules at launch, but it'll quickly end up like the same discussions we had about DDR3 1833 CL10 modules back when DDR4 was being launched.

I agree that there is will be a significant early adopters tax, but am certain the platform is the way forward and don't want to be committed to an EOL line. High end DDR4 isn't going to be available and affordable for much longer anyway.

Associate
High end DDR4 isn't going to be available and affordable for much longer anyway.

Oh right, thats been true for some time now.

Specifically with Crucial / Micron, they started binning all their 4000+ Mhz modules and charge far too much for them already.

I got my Micron E Die on some Ballistix modules rated for 3200 CL16 back when that was the fastest stock settings that Crucial had, and they run at 4200 CL16.

I don't even know how. They just do.

Associate
I think the Corsair at 4000c16 with 1.4v at default settings isn't really telling us much.

It is difficult to run 4000 1:1 without errors on Ryzen . However the Ryzen Apu can no problem.

Below is G.Skill running 4000c16 with tighter timings with a little less voltage.

C8HW, Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G and G.Skill F4-4400C16D-16GTRS

ecChhWY.png

Associate
Got the ram running at 4000mhz, with flck 2000 and and curve optimiser at -25. It runs at -30 but I get a lower score in Cinebench.

Ran the memory benchmark in Dram calculator, cinebench and some games without issue.

5800x, MSI Mortar b550

Zen-Timings-Screenshot.png

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Got the ram running at 4000mhz, with flck 2000 and and curve optimiser at -25. It runs at -30 but I get a lower score in Cinebench.

Ran the memory benchmark in Dram calculator, cinebench and some games without issue.

5800x, MSI Mortar b550

Zen-Timings-Screenshot.png

Well played sir, well played.

Back
Top Bottom