Did I just Brick my motherboard?

Associate
Hi,
I have an old system which I have been playing around with as a flex server. Then I found an another motherboard which has more pic-e slots so I went and tried the cpu from my server in it. Safe to say it doesn't work. Went to put everything back together and I put the wrong side of the 8 pin connector in the motherboard (stupid mistake) now nothing seams to work. The cpu fan will spin, no keyboard light up, no graphics output. Have I bricked my board? Or did I break the cpu? I don't have another to test with.
Thanks

Associate
I'm guessing you put it on upside down. If that's the case then the damage could be considerable. I think it's almost certain the motherboard is damaged but honestly who knows about anything else? If it was upside down, certainly other things could be damaged.

Associate
OP
Yes everything else is working fine apart from the MB. So think I was lucky only lost one component

Associate
youve got to have forced that in as they are practically dummy proof :'), i would say it would only take the MOBO though, the power serge would have only reached the capacitors before frying the mobo and cutting the circuit off to everything else

Back
Top Bottom