Did I just go through a redlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
You didn't pass a red light. But, depending on the stopping distance of your vehicle, you appear to have had time to stop at the amber light (amber also means stop).

Sui

Sui

Soldato
You should probably stop driving until you’ve had some more education around driving if you need to ask about whether you’ve broken the rules every time you drive! Either that or stop trolling.

You’ve quite obviously not gone through a red light.

Associate
As someone else said, you didn't go through a red light but you did have time to stop before the lights changed.

I'd say for a 30 speed limit those lights gave more than the usual time on Amber. It's most likely to let the right turners who have moved past the line time to go and at some other lights you'd have gone through a red there!

Man of Honour
Yes you did, your car will be collected and crushed within 5 working days, your licence will be burnt at the same time and you're demoted to being a bus ****er for the rest of your life.

May or may not be true.

Man of Honour
Aware, but is that still classed as going through a red light
No. The red light (and amber light) means you must stop if you have not passed the stop line. The stop line is that solid white line at the start of the junction (by the lights in your video). If you have passed the stop line before the red light then you may continue if it is safe to do so.

Edit: To be clearer, you should not pass the stop line at amber but you must not pass the stop line at red.

Last edited:
Commissario
Ahh, driving out from Brentwood through Shenfield towards the A12. I recognised it even before you got to the lights.

No, you didn't go through a red light. Just as you didn't go through a red light when you posted a video recently asking the same question using a different account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom