Did my MOBO almost kill my monitor?

Associate
Okay, I was messing around in the BIOS last night (yeah, I know I'm dumb) and accidentally disabled CSM, I didn't think I needed it as I have UEFI boot. Anyway, turns out my PC wouldn't POST, so I had to reset CMOS and everything went back to normal.

When I loaded back into Windows 10 only 2 of my 3 monitors were showing a signal. My main DisplayPort monitor was the one that was not showing a signal, but my DVI and HDMI monitors were showing a signal fine. I looked in "Display settings" and it was showing my Displayport monitor as "disconnected" and it would not allow me to re - enable it.

After a bit of messing around I found a solution. I needed to start my monitor, go into the OCD, hover over "DP" and click on "set this as my main display" in Windows 10, all at the same time. It was the only way it would receive a signal. If I didn't click on "set this as my main display" I would still get no signal, even if I selected Displayport as an input, so I need to click on "set this my main display" at the same time.

Everything works fine now but is this something I should be worried about? Did my MOBO almost kill my monitors? Will I have trouble connecting monitors in the future?

SPECS:

Gene VII
PALIT GTX 980
16 GB RAM

Back
Top Bottom