Did the Moon-men have a sense of humour?

Man of Honour
Do you have Sky/Satellite TV? Are the Studios etc. inside the Satellites? Do people fly out there to transmit stuff back down to Earth, or do they transmit stuff up to the Satellite from Earth and then beam it back down?

Now, do you see how easily it COULD have been faked and using that as irrefutable 'Proof' is completely flawed.

You don't understand, you don't realise we followed a moving object with our receivers.
Anybody with a satellite dish knows that satellites stay in the same place - I have mine going between 28.2E to 30W and you have to hit them perfectly to get anything back.

What you are saying is that USA sent a satellite type craft up to the moon so we could follow it. It then stayed on the moon for a while which meant we didn't have to move our receivers for a while and then we followed it back.
If the USA did this they might as well have put people in it (which they did).

Soldato
Here's a nice shot from the moon. I don't see why there is a debate about which pictures were taken where, it doesn't really matter, to me at least it doesn't. They went, did some science and a spot of golf and came home. Simples. ;)

z1Bt6ad.jpg

Soldato
You don't understand, you don't realise we followed a moving object with our receivers.
Anybody with a satellite dish knows that satellites stay in the same place - I have mine going between 28.2E to 30W and you have to hit them perfectly to get anything back.

Technically incorrect, Most Satelittes are always moving in a geosynchronous orbit, so give the illusion that they are stationary or in the same place but none the less are moving at speeds based on their orbit i.e low, mid or high in sync with Earth's rotation speeds.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You think we went to the moon in the 60's using a computer that had the power of a zx81 ? :)

If you're not trolling then the answer is they didn't need any computing power at all and they don't need them now.
Planes at one time had no computers but we all know computers make things easier.
Cosimo and others will give a better answer about what the 'computers' were used for on Apollo 11 but what I know is that the Pilots (Astronauts) did the vast majority of the work.

Man of Honour
Technically incorrect, Satelittes are always moving in a geosynchronous orbit, so give the illusion that they are stationary or in the same place but none the less are moving at speeds based on their orbit i.e low, mid or high in sync with Earth's rotation speeds.

You know what I mean - to the observer eg Sky's satellite will always be at 28.2E giving the impression they don't move.
We on the other hand followed a craft all the way to the moon and back and had to move our 'satelite dish' to receive signals.

Soldato
Here's a nice shot from the moon. I don't see why there is a debate about which pictures were taken where, it doesn't really matter, to me at least it doesn't. They went, did some science and a spot of golf and came home. Simples. ;)
z1Bt6ad.jpg

Quite Obviously fake!

I know for a FACT that this was taken on a thursday!

If i use my skillz to zoom into the picture, i can quite clearly see my house and there are no bins out. Which is impossible because Thursday is collection day for either my recycling or my rubbish bin.

Not just a fake but a poor quality studio fake at that. You would think NASA put some effort researching considering it is their job and all!

Fake.jpg

Soldato
You know what I mean - to the observer eg Sky's satellite will always be at 28.2E giving the impression they don't move.
We on the other hand followed a craft all the way to the moon and back and had to move our 'satelite dish' to receive signals.

yes I was just being a pedantic scientist. :D

Anyone who thinks the moon landings were fake however are living in ****oo land. If there was any chance that the USSR could have uncovered this it would have happened by now. There were way too many people involved and the fact that ordinary non NASA affiliated people were also in part involved i.e broadcasters, they would have smelt a rat a mile off and there is no way the NSA/CIA could have them all murdered without raising suspicion.

Soldato
Quite Obviously fake!

I know for a FACT that this was taken on a thursday!

If i use my skillz to zoom into the picture, i can quite clearly see my house and there are no bins out. Which is impossible because Thursday is collection day for either my recycling or my rubbish bin.

Not just a fake but a poor quality studio fake at that. You would think NASA put some effort researching considering it is their job and all!

haha! :D MS paint skillz looking good there.

Soldato
Technically incorrect, Most Satelittes are always moving in a geosynchronous orbit, so give the illusion that they are stationary or in the same place but none the less are moving at speeds based on their orbit i.e low, mid or high in sync with Earth's rotation speeds.

Well if you want to be pedantic, you can argue that speed is a magnitude of velocity of which we are talking about it being relative to our position and give or take any minor/negligible inaccuracies, it is stationary relative to us.

Also to add, there are plenty of satellites which do move relative to us but we don't use them for phone and TV stuff as that is inconvenient. Handy for mapping out the earth bit by bit though.

But we wouldn't want to be pedantic :)

Soldato

What you are saying is that USA sent a satellite type craft up to the moon so we could follow it. It then stayed on the moon for a while which meant we didn't have to move our receivers for a while and then we followed it back.
If the USA did this they might as well have put people in it (which they did).

You didn't follow a moving object, you got signals transmitted from a moving object which did not need anyone on board to send, it is NOT proof men were on board is what I am saying. You can't use 'They were sending transmissions/signals to Earth from the Moon' as irrefutable proof it was a manned mission when transmissions are sent from unmanned vehicles. It is flawed. Same with the 'Stuff' on the Moon you don't need manned missions to put stuff on the Moon.

I am NOT saying it was hoaxed, what I am saying is it is perfectly plausible it was hoaxed or faked to certain degrees due simply for propaganda purposes, saying it is 100% true because of 'transmissions/stuff' is flawed.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I love that Mitchell and Webb sketch.

Also reminds me of Neil deGrasse Tyson's anti-hoax quip:

"You can look at the Saturn V rocket, which got us to the moon and back, and calculate how much fuel is in there, and watch the thing take off, and ask yourself: where the hell do you think this thing is going? There’s enough fuel to get you to the moon, and stuff left over to come back. It’s not just going down to the grocery store — it is a Saturn V rocket."

Soldato
So has the op answered the important question.

If, as he says, there were shots taken from leo to look like heo, but then they proceeded to continue to actually land on the moon, why did they not just simply take a photo from heo while they were there?

You dont need a level photography qualifications to figure out that in ordsr to get to the moon you will be at a position somewhere along the way to take a photo of earth.

After all, if youve gone to the effort of building a 3000 tonne rocket, put 3 people in it and launch it you might as well go to the moon rather than then spend even more money convincing people and covering up if you dont.

As for the reason we havent been back recently is because america slightly ran out of money to give nasa and theyd found out all they needed to know at the time.

Man of Honour
You didn't follow a moving object, you got signals transmitted from a moving object which did not need anyone on board to send, it is NOT proof men were on board is what I am saying. You can't use 'They were sending transmissions/signals to Earth from the Moon' as irrefutable proof it was a manned mission when transmissions are sent from unmanned vehicles. It is flawed. Same with the 'Stuff' on the Moon you don't need manned missions to put stuff on the Moon.

Well yes, they could have sent an unmanned mission to the Moon and then sent signals to the craft which fooled hundreds and thousands of professional and amateur geeks HOWEVER I would wager that at least one would have noticed a transmission was being sent to the craft to fool us. That information would have been all around the world in minutes with everybody turning their receivers to a TV station in Nevada.

So once again it's Occams Razor because the above sounds stupid.
Remember, 1000s of professional geeks would have been from the USSR and they would know 100% if all was not right.
Besides all the other proofs the only one I need is that USSR put their thumbs up.

Back
Top Bottom