Did work get you a Xmas gift?

Consigliere
OP
I am stunned by some of the replies to my thread...it's actually quite upsetting to hear so many employers don't give just a little 'thank you' to their team for Christmas. :(

People work for people as the old saying goes but it's true. You would want to feel valued and morale is key to happiness in your role. :(

Associate
Nothing what-so-ever. We made literally billions in profit but staff get nothing and Christmas is just another working day for some of us like every public holiday and weekend.

No-one from management works public holidays or weekends of course.

There was an article in the press about one of the executives new working from home off-grid setup in the backwoods of America - he only spent $300k on the solar setup.

If they could get away with it they'd butcher us for our flesh to sell.

Consigliere
OP
Nothing what-so-ever. We made literally billions in profit but staff get nothing and Christmas is just another working day for some of us like every public holiday and weekend.

No-one from management works public holidays or weekends of course.

There was an article in the press about one of the executives new working from home off-grid setup in the backwoods of America - he only spent $300k on the solar setup.

If they could get away with it they'd butcher us for our flesh to sell.

:eek: Where do you work? Oil company perhaps?

Associate
:eek: Where do you work? Oil company perhaps?

An American company - When I joined it was UK managed and we got lots of jollies, Christmas bonuses etc and we made a lot of profit.

The day after it became American managed they stopped everything.

Only reason I'm still there is the money is decent, very high job security, and no issues with working from home. Can't walk away from that during covid, but I'm off when life is back to normal.

Soldato
Our UK arm organised hampers for the entire workforce and bought them. The European arm said it wanted to organise it so it forced the UK arm to cancel the UK hampers. The UK arm gave all the hampers it had bought to charity in small batches to avoid tax implications and all were gone last week. The European hampers haven't turned up.

:rolleyes: Bravo! A spectacular performance.

Soldato
An American company - When I joined it was UK managed and we got lots of jollies, Christmas bonuses etc and we made a lot of profit.

The day after it became American managed they stopped everything.

Kraft Foods, perhaps?

Only reason I'm still there is the money is decent, very high job security, and no issues with working from home. Can't walk away from that during covid, but I'm off when life is back to normal.

The time to look for a new job and leave your employer is now, IMO, otherwise you could be waiting for the rest of your career. Take advantage of the "great resignation" and find another stable job, hopefully with a pay rise and better working conditions. Maybe one of your interview questions to interviewers could even be, "What did your employer do to recognise the staff during Christmas 2021?"

Soldato
I work for an American company and they have always been very good at the 'people' side of the business. This year, the EMEA Sales VP sent me a big Hotel Chocolate gift box and our US HQ sent me a big gift pack of posh cookies. Actually, they sent two by mistake but I'm not going to complain. :D

Associate
We give out a voucher and then essentially buy their family Xmas dinner. They get 2 joints of meat. Their choice from turkey, roasting sirloin or a leg of lamb. Then they get either a massive veg box, or a fruit box, or sweet and biscuits. It’s all good quality and the we buy the same for the partners too.

It always amuses me when an email goes asking them what meat they want sometime around September and new members of staff look very puzzled. Everyone who works for us will get it whether they’ve been a month or 20 years, including our f2s and registrars. I think the partners have been doing that for 30 years or more and I think genuinely appreciated by all

Associate
A small oil company that was bought and integrated into our company along with the worforce told us of their xmas bonuses.
Depending on profits for the year and they were a very profitable and successful firm they were getting £15000 bonuses at Xmas :eek:

Soldato
Heard the poor folk working on Christmas Day would get a free Christmas lunch.

I heard wrong.
No Christmas lunch
Canteen is shut
Didn't bring any food

Here's hoping uber eats can bring me something!

Back
Top Bottom