Different Hanns.G 28" model now stocked?

Associate
well this i don't agree

i have a Hannspree 32" lcd tv which is fine and when looking straight on at the screen the colours doesn't varie at the sides, also on black screens theres only a very very little of the backlight showing..

even when i had a 24" and a 26" monitors both didn't have varieing colours at the sides when looking straight on at the screen, and the backlight bleeding was very unnoticeable

I am talking theoretically here, there is no agreement involved. It is FACT that it happens (I can link you some 3-dimensional vector theory for TN films if you really want, if I can find it online), its just very hard for the human eye to notice these days as they have improved things a lot with the compensation films.

If you move your head from side to side while looking at a TN screen you will notice a very subtle odd colourshift-ey effect. This is because the transmitted light is dependent on the angle you view it at, by moving your head you change the angle you are seeing each individual pixel from, and so the colour shifts slightly.

My point was that the wider the screen gets, the worse the effect will get because the angle you are viewing the pixels on either side of the screen at is much larger than the the angle you are viewing the pixels near the middle, and so the colour shifts more.

But like I said its improved so much these days that its very hard to see as long as you are looking head on and don't move around.

Associate
Hi guys. So yesterday i've received mine one and i'm so happy that there are no problems with it. Nice colours, no bleeds....
Anyways speakers are really bad(not using them :) ) and sometimes there is "some sound" coming out from monitor(not from speakers). It's not that bad, just weird. But still 300£ for 28"...wohooooo... i'm happy ;) ..

Soldato
No, I mean it's a massive improvement. :p

No dead pixels, backlight bleed is nothing like as bad as the 22", there's a little but but it's spread out, no high/low areas.

I have one little gripe, the middle is perfect, as is the top right and bottom left, but the top left is slightly greener than the rest, and the bottom right is slightly bluer than the rest. But when I look directly at these areas the problem goes away, so I'm putting it down to my sitting position and the angles my eyes make with the screen, and the way the light from the window and the room light falls on it.

Soldato
cool.

can u take a photo of a black screen? is it anything like mine in the pics?

i've contacted ocuk today about getting a replacement and they will check it before sending it out

Soldato
I will get pics in a bit, just gotta tidy up first. :p

But no nothing like as bad as yours mate, I'd get it replaced and hope that the new one is as good as this. :p

I get no hissing noise either yet, although it has only been set up for an hour or so.

Soldato
How do people photograph the screens? I can get a decent picture at all, only got a point and shoot camera though. :(

Guess I should have got pics earlier when there was more daylight?

Soldato
How do people photograph the screens? I can get a decent picture at all, only got a point and shoot camera though. :(

Guess I should have got pics earlier when there was more daylight?
i took the photos at night, without room light on and without flight on

Back
Top Bottom