Different Hanns.G 28" model now stocked?

Soldato
Thats is right.
But you have to pay your own courier to get it sent to them.
But they send it back for free..
:confused:

well they didn't say anything like that. the guy said they would arrange to get it picked up.

anyway as i said if what your saying is right then i won't rma it to ocuk, i'll contact hannspree

Soldato
received an email yesterday afternoon from ocuk which says

You can definatly see the backlight bleed on that monitor. When would be the best day to pick the item up? Monday - Friday 9 - 5?

so it looks like ocuk are doing it

Soldato
I've been testing and tweaking mine since I got it, think it's time to comment. :p

It's actually really really good! I have a small amount of backlight bleed but not as bad as the W2242S, it's far more vibrant and brighter than the 22" and it just generally feels really nice to use, the stand is also really decent compared to the one on the 22", which wobbles every time I sit down.

It's so good for the price that I'm considoring getting another to replace the 22".

The things that annoy me though, the buttons are a pain to use, it attracts dust really badly, (although I've probably kicked up a fair bit today because I've been crawling around under the desk a lot), and the bezel round the edge of the screen is a bit too chunky for my liking.

Just getting some pics up.

Soldato
On their way, I'm having trouble uploading to photobucket. Still trying to get my network sorted and it's not working properly. :(

(If you're interested I have to have two subnets at the moment and it's all a big mess).

Associate
On their way, I'm having trouble uploading to photobucket. Still trying to get my network sorted and it's not working properly. :(

(If you're interested I have to have two subnets at the moment and it's all a big mess).

Just use this mate. it's easy. http://tinypic.com/

click browse, then find your picture on your pc you want to upload.

Then click upload, then the pic will apear on the right hand side.
click the picture. then right click on the mouse, click Properties.

Then Where is says, http:// etc. Thats the part you have to copy, then past it on to here. then once you have done that, at the start of http:// you want to it to look like this
. so it will look like this.

h tt p :// ETC...... [ /IMG] all together thou.

Then just click Preview post to make sure it's working ok

I'm not the best at explaining things :D but it's for those who don't know how to upload a picture :)

Soldato
I have never had that before. did u just RMA, then they sent u an email saying that ?

Hmm strange... come on overclockers, how come others get this and other dont ;) ?
called first then the guy said what wrong so told him , then he said send a rma webnote with pictures, also said they would arrange to get it picked up then i received that email

Last edited:
Soldato
Reet, heeerrreee we go!

As you can see, far more vibrant, and I'm using the brightness at 88 and contrast at 62, and on the W2242S brightness is 100 and contrast 75. Also slightly bigger than the 22". :p

IMGP1742.jpg

Two white screens so you can see the difference:

IMGP1744.jpg

Pulp Fiction in 1080p, you can also see just how much dust sticks to it :p:

IMGP1745.jpg

Trying to catch the backlight bleed out:

IMGP1752.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Sure thing matey:

IMGP1754.jpg

As you can see there is backlight bleed there, but nothing like most of the pics posted in this thread. I turned the backlight up full for this pic, I have dropped the backlight to 50 now.

It's a bit more than I'd like, but far less than I was expecting and less than my other monitor. Bare in mind this is in the pitch dark, no flash with the brightness full. Not going to replicate those circumstances very often! During daylight or with the lights on with the brightness at 50 which feels comfortable, you don't even notice hardly.

EDIT: The video I've used is the beginning of top gear by the way. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats what I thought, under normal conditions it's better than the 22".

I'm actually seriously considoring another now, it'll be a few months though. :p

Soldato
ok well ocuk is picking up the monitor tomorrow.

but the one thing im not happy about is the length of time it'll take to get the replacement (4-5 days) i know it doesn't sound long. but when u depend on needing the computer , which make it very long. im disabled which means i can't speak, can't walk, can't use my hands ., so i depend on the computer very much as it's my only way to communicate..

but i guess theres nothing i can do.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it not a straight swap or do you have to wait for it to be assessed by them?

That sucks man, feel bad for you. Haven't you got another you could use for the time being?

Hope you don't mind me asking but how do you control the computer? Just interested because one of my uni professors is disabled, he can't use his legs at all but can kind of use his hands a little bit, only for using a clicker thing for powerpoint presentations and stuff, he can speak fine though and he uses his head with a pointer stick type thing to type and operate one of those track ball type mice.

Soldato
Is it not a straight swap or do you have to wait for it to be assessed by them?

That sucks man, feel bad for you. Haven't you got another you could use for the time being?

Hope you don't mind me asking but how do you control the computer? Just interested because one of my uni professors is disabled, he can't use his legs at all but can kind of use his hands a little bit, only for using a clicker thing for powerpoint presentations and stuff, he can speak fine though and he uses his head with a pointer stick type thing to type and operate one of those track ball type mice.
they said they won't do a straight swap ,they need it back first. also they said they need to test it, but tbh its silly because i've sent them photos to show them its faulty, even they said it's faulty so why test it. also explained to them why i need a replacement quickie but they just basicly said sorry not much we can do,:mad:

i don't have another monitor, i bought this one because my old one kept turning off..

i don't mind u asking mate, i control the computer using my head and chin with a special mouse, and i have a on-screen keyboard to type..

Last edited:
Associate
I keep flicking between getting one and not getting one.

Does anyone have any experience with the Iiyama E2607WS?? Was considering that one as well.

Not sure now :confused:

Back
Top Bottom