different tobacco and flavoured papers

Associate
Hi i usually smoke roll ups i use golden virginia, swan menthol filter tips, and the blue rizla papers. I've tried the liquorice orange pack rizla but found they're a little heavy and not very nice. Thats about as close to a flavoured paper i've come to in the shops. I did a search online and there's a whole host of flavoured papers out there.
I want to try out different flavoured tobacco (but from what i've heard they are going to make buying flavoured tobacco illegal soon? dunno) and also differnet flavoured papers.
Does anyone recommend a strong flavoured paper brand?
Any one try Juicy Jays?
Also anyone tried the cellulose transparent papers? are they any good and has anyone tried the flavoured transparent papers too?

thanks

Soldato
The transparent papers are plain nasty. Avoid.

Flavoured papers can be quite disappointing to be honest.

The liquorice ones are vile.

I'd look into shisha for your flavoured fix.

Otherwise I think that you'll have to use a pipe for many of the flavoured ones. Big department stores are quite well stocked too.

Soldato
I find the liquorice ones (rizla) to be not bad for a change, but maybe now I wouldn't. As recently I found I can't smoke anythng other than Silver or Blue. Green is pure nasty. i have to back roll them but still too much paper.

Your best bet is to find a tobbacconist's shop and just get a small selection. TBH most of the flavoured baccys I've smoked were OK for one fag then they tended to be pretty harsh.

I just chop and change from Golden virgina, to old holburn, to drum occasionally, back to amberleaf maybe then golden virgina.

Anyone tried the B&H rolling tobbacco?

The cellulose tranparent papers are terrible.

Soldato
Anyone tried the B&H rolling tobbacco?

The cellulose tranparent papers are terrible.

Yeah B&H Gold - I normally smoke Amber Leaf but I find the B&H to be a bit more oily tasting but it's still pretty good, smooth but with the classic throat burnign ability with a big draw.

And yeah stay away from transparents they're awful.

Associate
OP
thanks for the replies. I don't know about smoking a pipe becuase i think i'd look rather strange. I'm 25, and slowly morphing from the skinny type to the buff guy as i've recently joined the gym. I'll never stop smoking but i've cut down to about 5 rollies a day.

I do do shisha but dunno if i can be bothered to buy a hooka and setup the whole burning coal thing at home. Just like watercooling i know its ace but don't want the hassle.

Think i'm gonna order £10 worth of lots of different flavoured papers online. I'll buy 1 pack of transparent papers just for the novelty value hee. I'm sure it'll come in handy at parties etc. :D

Soldato
Ive had strawberry flavoured rips before. Bit of an experience except you didnt realllllly notice when smoking apart from the fact that your lips were a bit sticky with strawberry flavoured stuff so i guess it works.

Oh and you use swan menthol tips :eek: thats like sucking 50 polos at once with ice in your mouth

Soldato
As someone else said, shisha is the way to go for flavoured tobacco. Were shisha bars shut down when the smoking ban came in?

Last edited:
Caporegime
As someone else said, shisha is that way to go for flavoured tobacco. Were shisha bars shut down when the smoking ban came in?

all the ones in Manchester stayed open just made porches, but most just let you still do it inside only one i know of got done for it because someone complained.

Who the **** walks into a place with "shisha" in it's name with pictures of them on the windows and a big display in the other window and is then shocked to find people smoking inside :/

Associate
Best way to do flavoured tobacco is to make it yourself tbh, most of them don't really taste any different (with the exception of the old staples of vanilla and cherry, although these get tiresome)

Best way to flavour it is to grind or make into a thin paste whatever you want to flavour it with and put some in when you roll. Lemon paste (Not juice) works fairly nicely, as does a tiny bit of golden syrup or rolled with espresso powder.

Oh, and I exclusively smoke liquorice papers ¬¬

Associate
hee hee ya.....but you get used to it. I can't stand a rollie now with anything but a menthol filter.

When i smoked i was exactly the same, anyone who mocked me for smoking menthol was promptly given a fresh rolly with a fresh filter....they didnt mock again...they just choked lol.

I have tried coconut, strawberry raspberry and liquorice papers and tbh they are all manky, stick to good old white papers (i was a zigzag regular fan), and you wont go far wrong.

Back
Top Bottom