Dilemma with my account balances....

Soldato
Hey folks just checking my statements online after having recently made a purchase from ocuk of £285.75, this money came out of my account on the 28th Sept yet in my account overview my available balance is still my account balance minus 285.75 as if the money is earmarked to come out again. Is this normal cos I'm getting paranoid that the money might come out twice out of my account even though I'm sure I only pressed the button once?? :confused:

Soldato
It sometimes did this with me on various places when checked online.
Within about 3 days it sorted itself out usually.

Just keep an eye on it every day to be sure, but its probably just a glitch.

Soldato
OP
Same thing also happened just now in my other account where I paid someone through paypal about £900, it came out of my account and now it's earmarked the same value again yet I need that money to pay other companies whom I've ordered from and worry that my orders will get refused. :(

Soldato
OP
Ok it seems as though the overclockers transaction has sorted itself out but there is still a £900 discrepancy in my other account :( . Oh well will have to wait and see what happens with that.

Soldato
Sometime the earmarks dont fall off at the same time - the banks can remove them if they see the transaction cleared.

Glad its sorted now though

Soldato
OP
McDaniel said:
Sometime the earmarks dont fall off at the same time - the banks can remove them if they see the transaction cleared.

Glad its sorted now though

Lol, if I knew that then I would have been more careful in ordering my goods. I'm ordering parts from 5 different companies at the same time and only have enough money in my accounts for the parts. Just phoned up my bank and they say it's "normal" :rolleyes:

Soldato
manoz said:
Lol, if I knew that then I would have been more careful in ordering my goods. I'm ordering parts from 5 different companies at the same time and only have enough money in my accounts for the parts. Just phoned up my bank and they say it's "normal" :rolleyes:

If its already cleared on your statement - and the earmark is still there IT WILL drop off, can take a couple of days - they normall drop off the same time as the original clears.

Back
Top Bottom