Direct Ferries changed my return ferry back

Associate
Depending on where you're staying France, is there a more convenient sailing time from Caen (or even Le Harve) instead of Cherbourg?
Or a later one from Cherbourg?

I've actually found Brittany Ferries incredibly helpful when having to change sailings once you get thru to the callcentre.
I missed a sailing from Caen (satnav taking us to the wrong place before we realised), and they got me on a Cherbourg sailing later that day with one phone call and an admin fee.
It's not like a plane where every seat is accounted for down to the 1p, the boats are bloody massive - if there is room, they'll generally get you on.

They aren't so flexible when you buy thru an agent though because those tickets are sold off cheaper.

Soldato
OP
Depending on where you're staying France, is there a more convenient sailing time from Caen (or even Le Harve) instead of Cherbourg?
Or a later one from Cherbourg?

I've actually found Brittany Ferries incredibly helpful when having to change sailings once you get thru to the callcentre.
I missed a sailing from Caen (satnav taking us to the wrong place before we realised), and they got me on a Cherbourg sailing later that day with one phone call and an admin fee.
It's not like a plane where every seat is accounted for down to the 1p, the boats are bloody massive - if there is room, they'll generally get you on.

They aren't so flexible when you buy thru an agent though because those tickets are sold off cheaper.
Yea I think that's my issue and in hindsight I should have just booked though Brittany ferries.

Interestingly the online account that shows my booking times still hasn't changed....

Soldato
No help but I once had my tui flight moved from 14:30 to 00:30 that evening I had a 3 year old kid and chose the flights months in advance.

The T&C said nothing we can do contacted citizens advice and there is nothing you can do. I couldn't even cancel and they didn't offer a refund as their T&C said they were allowed to move it by 12 hours.

I even offered to pay more to extend my holiday until the next day but they were having none of it.

This was a charter though yours seems like a scheduled service.

Soldato
OP
Just thought I'd come back here and conclude it.

I called them again and sneakily asked them what time my return ferry was and he said 18:30 :D.

I made him aware of the email and the guy went away for a bit and came back confirming that the return time had indeed changed. He has since updated the online account and everything seems to now be in sync.

Yes I've had to come back earlier from my trip but I feel better now there seems to be common understanding from all parties involved

Back
Top Bottom