Dirt Rally is amazing : Try it if you are after a new VR game

Soldato
Went back to the game yesterday, after watching your video. Tried it when it first came out, never made it beyond the first 10 minutes 'this is cool' thing.

Like Pcars, seems improved in the visual stakes, had a lot of fun with it. DR can be extremely frustrating and intimidating, but in VR it's much easier to play. Still 10 seconds off the leader in most stages, but far less crashes:)

Worth getting in VR if you found/thought the game too difficult before.

Soldato
just got this running on psvr using trinus and revive, absolutely stunning. As said above seems much easier in vr although i was using keyboard as my wheel wasn't set up (roll on weekend)

Soldato
to get it working on vive requires a reboots iirc, I had problems getting it to work too, but pretty sure re-downloading latest everything and rebooting between revive install and running it worked

Soldato
Thanks for the reply but where do I get Revive from? I've googled it and there is something about it on a site called github - is this the best/right place to get it?

Also, is the rest of the process fairly straightforward? (not sure how to "patch an exe file"!) - sorry, bit of a beginner at this sort of thing!

Soldato
Down load from here. https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/releases

1. Install Oculus Home and skip the first-time setup.
  2. Download the latest Revive installer from the releases page.
  3. Install Revive in your preferred directory.
  4. Start SteamVR if it's not already running.
  5. Put on the headset, open the dashboard and click the new Revive tab.
  6. Newly installed applications may give an error when you try to launch them for the first time, simply follow these instructions to fix it
Once oculus home and revive is installed run steam vr, then click the ^ icon (bottom right of the windows taskbar near the clock) then right click the revive icon, select patch then you need to select dirt rally exe.(in your steam apps commonfiles folder.)

Soldato
Picked this up in the steam sale, pretty damn good but did make me feel sick, I think its all the jumps and sharp angle changes, not like circuit racing where its a much smoother experience :D

Back
Top Bottom