• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Disappointing 3DMark Time Spy Score RTX 3080

Associate
My Time Spy score overall is about 2.3k lower than the average for my CPU/GPU combo which is no small margin. I wasn't able to figure out how to check CPU and GPU score averages but for GPU mine is about 4k less than the position 100 and CPU was about 2k less.

My Setup:
Intel I7-9700K
Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 3080
MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
EVGA G3 750W PSU
Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" SSD (where 3D Mark installed, not primary drive)

My Score: Overall 12,742, GPU 14700, CPU 7262
Average Overall: 15068

I ran the time spy twice last night with less than 100 discrepancy in accuracy. 3DMark was unable to read my systeminfo, think there was setting I missed, but it said in the app it was valid score though on the webpage it says validity cannot be determined (presumably because it doesn't know what components were).

Later today I'll try and get it to read systeminfo and try again but I don't expect that to have any affect on the actual scores. I did two runs, the second run I ran GPU-Z alongside and made a log. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary as far as I could tell.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-w4PFbANQ2Xf0X_KzAVPfNUWGWhqAqTf/view?usp=sharing

I'm a bit out of my depth here in terms of what could be causing me to get such lower than average scores so any device or suggestions would be much appreciated. My main concern is a underperforming card but I'm hoping there's just secret options somewhere I haven't setup right.

Edit: To filter out some of the OC'd cards I set the max GPU clock and Memory clock to what mine achieved in the log provided and the overall average was still 14,750, still 2K above what I was getting

Last edited:
Associate
Probably a long shot but it your gpu in your top slot of your mobo. I had it in the bottom and got similar results to yours. Moved it up and got 18k+ score

Soldato
the biggest cause of low scores is to do with power managment within nvidia control panel, under manage 3d settings scroll down to power management mode and change it from optimal power to high performance and re run the test, if scores improve happy days, once the test is don head back and chage it back to adaptive, that way under no load the gpu clock will drop back.

you can select program settings within 3d managmrent settings to configure application specific settings to allow the card to run at max speed under load and then when at idle it will back off :)

also ram speed is critical for those high scores so 3600mhz+ is needed to post great cpu scores in benchmarks

Back
Top Bottom