Disenchantment - on Netflix from the makers of Futurama and The Simpsons

Associate
Anyone watched much of this yet? Watched 3 episodes this evening and if you like Futurama you'll probably like this - lots of little gags following the main narrative.

Characters need some more refinement and there isn't a quotable zoidberg character yet but I can see the potential.

Caporegime
Seen the first episode and I enjoyed it. I wish there weren't quite so many 'recognisable' voice actors. I find it ruins it slightly when they're famous for another voice role. Would have been nice to have some different VA's especially not ones from his previous works.

Associate
Started watching it last night and quite enjoyed it - will certainly continue to watch.

Don't mind recognising the voice actors (it's quite fun at times putting them together with their old characters)

Soldato
Watched it yesterday, enjoyed it for the most part didn't have that polish Futurama had hopefully they get that for part 2, there was a few bits that didn't sync right in episode 8 the witch mentions they have to go north to get to the cave but it cuts to the map and them heading south instead.

One thing I did notice compared to other animated shows I watch was how much sound was lacking from the background in this. Things that should have had noises to them didn't.

Man of Honour
What a load of rubbish this has been so far. It is as funny as the new series of simpsons. It just reminds me how good futurama was. Bring back futurama.

Soldato
3 episodes in now.

Honestly, the first 2 were bad enough to almost stop me watching any more, but Ep3 did get some laughs from me.

I think the problem is the 'quality' for want of a better word.
It's very jarring.
The CG cell shaded big shots look great, and some of the drawn backgrounds too, but the animations and designs on most of the characters look like they're from a 1980's eastern European animation house. And it doesn't make it any better that there's NO comedic timing to the animation.
It just seems sloppy/lazy.

Still.... I'm sure I'll watch more and see how it pans out, but all in all, maybe it's a 6/10 show.

Permabanned
I got an episode in and just couldn't persist with it. I liked The Simpsons and Futurama well enough, but I feel as though I've moved on from it, if that makes any sense. That's not to denigrate anyone who enjoys it of course, I just mean that my personal taste has changed.

Soldato
After finishing the season, I will say that it perks up a bit after the first 2 episodes.
But it's still not more than a 7/10 show for me.
It's 'alright' is probably the kindest thing I can say about it. :D

Soldato
Im trying to watch this on a 4k OLED and its just a complete blurfest. I stuck with it for the first 2 eps but its started doing my head in.

Nothing else acts like this :/
My 4k TV is okay. What you using for the stream? Mine is built in Netflix android app.

Caporegime
I've factory reset the TV still ******.

Is has a weird halo around the characters like where they are moving it's jaggy and odd looking.

I'll investigate all possible causes thx for help so far.

Back
Top Bottom