Dispatches: Undercover copper

Soldato
I think its carp.

lets just take a private eye into everybodys occupation and we will be all outraged at the fact in every walk of life there are those incidents at work.

but not everybody in their jobs will be like that. so no more messing about in your jobs or you may have eyes over you

Soldato
I think it is sensible to maintain an air of integrity here and take it with a 'pinch of salt'.

Editors are very clever and even the way she narrated it was to incite a negative image, especially the tone of her voice.

Any walk of life will have its problems, the police aren't above this, nor as we know are the army....

I thought her getting emotional and crying at the end was a bit well, stupid really.... get a life! looser. There are people like that everywhere.... I learnt nothing new.

Associate
Admittedly I got bored and didnt watch too much but there are certain jobs in which you hope that they maintain some sort of integrity. The police are relied upon to help people in need and if they are more concerned about getting their lunch its a little bit of a worry.

Fair enough you dont need to take the whole thing deadly seriously but some things are too far.

Soldato
have to remember though this is only leicester they showed, it could be totally different for other stations, it was shockin to think a DV (Domestic Violence) was put on the radio and none even responded till 3 minutes later by someone else.

Permabanned
Skyfire said:
Anyone else think the police were taking the mick? :mad:

I didn't see the programme but I read all about it in the paper the other day, and yes those police were definitely taking the proverbial. I wonder if the government and police 'powers that be' will leap into action over this, as they do when there's a hint of police racism... because bad though racism may be, it isn't as bad as coppers actually not bothering to do their job is it.

Suspended
From what I saw, it looked as though there were just two or three officers shirking their responsibility. When that 999 call came in and her partner was 'mealing' (what a bloody stupid phrase), she did say that all the other officers in the canteen got up and responded to it, as they should.

I am surprised that there wasn't more pressure put on them from the upper management to do their jobs properly. I can't imagine constables are sat around without any sort of superior rank all day/night.

Soldato
I think that the only thing wrong with the police shown in the program was the neglect of duty - incident where guy was bleeding from his wrist at side of road, and DV incident. TBH nothing else on there was very bad. The sexism thing was absolute ******** if u ask me. I am not sexist at all, but i can safely say, Kickout time on Friday night i'd rather have a well built guy next to me and assisting rather than a small woman.

Associate
So, this program highlights one or two isolated incidents, and everybody thinks that all coppers are like that all the time?

Ignorant? Much.

Back
Top Bottom