Diyinhk pcb for ddc pump

Associate
any one has one fitted to a ddc pump?

I'm having issues with stock pump. It does not pump until a few seconds after post. I have increased post delay in bios to max but I still get cpu fan error when booting and I have to wait watching bios screen to see the pump has started.
I was wondering if the pcb would sort it or if there's anything else I can do or try?

i replaced my old 10watt ddc which was doing the same but a year and a half of it been working perfectly. I thought it was dying so I replaced it with an 18watt, that worked fine for a few months so I rma'd and the new ones doing the same.

I also have a pump res combo from an ek kit that works without issue I have thought about add that to the loop to the mobo header and power the ddc from my aquaro 5. Basically I want the ability of bios giving fan error/shutting pc down if the pump fails.

Any thoughts, opinions or advice?

Associate
Far as I am aware no pump should need a "boot up time"

If its still new I would be sending that back and getting something else sir.

I realise that's a lot of hassle...

Associate
OP
What was left of the warranty after the last rma has run out so I'm stuck with this and I have pimped the pump with the aluminium housing and the rubber feet.

The impeller just sort of moves forwards and backwards a few mm for a second then stops for a few seconds then repeats, it does this for a bit then the impeller spins as it should.

Last edited:
Associate
That sounds more like ti beileives the impeller is stuck or having too much force needed to actually start to spin.

I don't know much any DDC pumps im afraid but that really isnt right.

Your not using pastel coolant are you?

Associate
OP
Pump is plugged into cpu fan header. Every time I turn it on post stops with cpu fan error and I have to wait for the pump before I can restart.
But once its going there's no issue.

VKleita, I though it might be seized but there's a black mark on the impeller I can see though the pump top it moves around so I know it is spinning I have also had it apart when I replaced the pump and when I rma'd the new pump the ceramic ball is still smooth and the cup in the impeller has no damage.

Back
Top Bottom