Do i need to format a new 3tb HDD?

Associate
Hi guys

I've just bought a new 3TB drive and wondered if i have to format it when i install it? If so do I have to do a full format, because it will take hours..

cheers
Ferret

Soldato
I would just do a quick format on a 3TB drive otherwise it could be next week before you get around to actually putting any data on it :D

Soldato
I would just do a quick format on a 3TB drive otherwise it could be next week before you get around to actually putting any data on it :D
But is it worth only doing a quick format and then finding your data corrupts in the future due to bad sectors?

Do a full format.

Soldato
But is it worth only doing a quick format and then finding your data corrupts in the future due to bad sectors?

Do a full format.

You what?

Load of rubbish, ive seen full formats go over bad sectors and not bat a eye lid. Do a quick format and enjoy your drive. No point waiting the 2+ days itll take to format.

Soldato
I normally do a full format on a older drive which im looking to use again or whatever but on a brand new drive it's not really necessary. Full format on a 3TB drive is going to take a long time just :p

Back
Top Bottom